Who made this coupling

Started by exmouthcraig, January 29, 2019, 10:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

:helpneededsign:  :confusedsign:  :searchingsign:

Having a good sort out at the weekend involved moving everything into segregated boxes and actually in some sort of order.

This happened to throw up 2 small snap bags with 2 NEM couplings in each. These are small blocks with D links top and bottom, they move freely in the block and can be positioned in a multitude of ways.

Having acquired a new GF Merchant Navy, it has been renamed and numbered i removed the front coupling, she will never haul stock tender first!! Leaves a bit of an unsightly front bogie, until i fitted one of these pieces i found.

We only have 2, in 2008/9 when most of this box of locos were bought dapol seemed to be at the forefront with NEM pockets, this leads me to think they came with the Q1s (we bought 2 at the same time)

I'm after confirmation who made them and if their still available from somewhere, I can then tidy up all front bogies on our tender locos.

:thankyousign:

ntpntpntp

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dr Al

Probably a screw link representation that fit in NEM mounts - some of these came with Dapol Ivatts original batches.

But a photo would confirm!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

exmouthcraig

@Dr Al I think you might be correct

Are they still available from somewhere???

Dr Al

Yes, it is indeed said coupling.

Never been available separately as far as I know - and to be honest not at all that great.

Cheers,
Alan

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

exmouthcraig

Is there something better to plug the coupling slot in the bulleid front bogie??

That was all I intended to use it for

Dr Al

I'd use either Dapol or Farish's coupling hook with screw link detail parts. If you intend to use the socket again, then to be honest there's nothing as you need to leave the area clear for that future coupler.

Cheers,
Alan

Bob G

The Dapol M7 had these screw links supplied in the early days. Not sure if they are still supplied. You should have a few lying around if you have M7s, which you will have :)

exmouthcraig

Indeed i do Bob, problem is 3 M7s doesn't give me enough for the amount of Bulleid Pacifics were running  :o

RailGooner

This is just the sort of thing that would be ideal for someone to offer on Shapeways. :doh: Doh! :D

exmouthcraig

Probably be cheaper to buy a dapol loco Mark just for the spare front coupling

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations