Random Thoughts

Started by dannyboy, May 20, 2024, 12:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Being aged 90, I suspect I may be the oldest on the forum, I started N gauge when I retired from the RAF at age 40, so that's 50 years modelling N, my NGS number is 4 figures starting with a 2.
 My first railway model however was a Hornby 0 gauge clockwork 0-4-0T for Christmas when I was about 4 or 5, followed a year later by a 3 rail Electric Hornby Flying Scotsman - not exactly true to scale the model was 4-4-2 not 4-6-2. No scenics just bare track on the floor. That lasted until I was about 15 then nothing until my sons had some Hornby Dublo for Christmas in the late 50s, they never showed much interest though.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on Yesterday at 05:08:52 PMThe only thing that makes me feel old is when they say that things like Bridge over Troubled Water came out 55 years ago.

I felt really old when, on the quiz programme 'Pointless', it was obvious some didn't recognise Chuck Berry from a picture of him :(
Ding-a-ling

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations