BT Blacklisting emails from N gauge forum

Started by austinbob, November 10, 2014, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

I am a BT Infinity user using BT Mail and I am still receiving email notifications from NGF as always. If this is a BT issue it appears to be having no impact on my service. From what I read here it looks like the issues are at the hosting end and that this is bogus blacklisting.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Bealman

I'm on Yahoo here in Aus and I can assure you I'm getting notifications.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

All I'm saying is that I'm getting notifications here in Australia.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: austinbob on November 12, 2014, 08:25:33 AM
As per the conversation we had on the phone I check and find that BT blocks only the illegal and government banned web sites. As you are trying to work on a genuine web site you should not be having any problem.'

He's talking about the web blocking, not mail filtering.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

DesertHound

Quote from: DesertHound on November 11, 2014, 07:56:05 PM
Quote from: austinbob on November 10, 2014, 06:48:00 PM
Tank has informed us of the following problem...

'BT have decided that this site needs to be blacklisted from their email servers, and so our email notifications won't get through.

If you have a BT account, please can you notify them that this site is safe!

Many thanks,
Tank'

I have just complained to BT about this. I hope many other BT account holders will do the same.

Simple guys, all you BT customers e-mail in to BT and let them know that if this isn't sorted, you'll return the gesture by blacklisting them  :D

Desrthouund - I think it might be a bit premature to complain en masse to BT as my feedback from them so far is that they don't think its them causing the problem. I quote

'Hi Mr Austin,

Thank you for contacting BT complaints team. I will be handling your complaints case and will make sure that you are getting a proper resolution from our end.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

As per the conversation we had on the phone I check and find that BT blocks only the illegal and government banned web sites. As you are trying to work on a genuine web site you should not be having any problem.'

Its probably best we let tank find the source of the problem.

Fair enough Bob. It was meant a bit tongue in cheek but I take your point and it's not necessarily BT's fault.

Cheers

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Tank

I appreciate all of your help.  I'll see if I can get any further.  The hosting company is having another look.

:thankyousign:

austinbob

Quote from: DesertHound on November 12, 2014, 01:06:20 PM
Quote from: DesertHound on November 11, 2014, 07:56:05 PM
Quote from: austinbob on November 10, 2014, 06:48:00 PM
Tank has informed us of the following problem...

'BT have decided that this site needs to be blacklisted from their email servers, and so our email notifications won't get through.

If you have a BT account, please can you notify them that this site is safe!

Many thanks,
Tank'

I have just complained to BT about this. I hope many other BT account holders will do the same.

Simple guys, all you BT customers e-mail in to BT and let them know that if this isn't sorted, you'll return the gesture by blacklisting them  :D

Desrthouund - I think it might be a bit premature to complain en masse to BT as my feedback from them so far is that they don't think its them causing the problem. I quote

'Hi Mr Austin,

Thank you for contacting BT complaints team. I will be handling your complaints case and will make sure that you are getting a proper resolution from our end.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Its probably best we let tank find the source of the problem.

Fair enough Bob. It was meant a bit tongue in cheek but I take your point and it's not necessarily BT's fault.

Cheers

Dan

Sorry Dan

The tongue in cheek bit went right over my head. Must be getting more grumpy in my old age!!
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

DesertHound

Bob

Nothing for you to apologise for. Let's hope it all gets sorted ASAP. I haven't had the e-mail issues (I think) but have definitely had the access problems, just like everyone else. Having read the thread more thoroughly, I also doubt it's BT's fault (or at least not primarily their fault).

Access seems better today for me.

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

MJKERR

Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2014, 10:10:13 PMMany thanks Alan.  I'll keep on emailing LCN then
Do you not control the mailserver and IP addresses?
If you do, then you can very quickly resolve the issue with the blacklisting
It's horrific when it happens, but is usually resolved in a few hours
The main side effect is that ISP tend to retain the information for several days, so report the blacklisting even after removal

Chinahand

I'm a BT Infinity user and I've also been having the same problem. The only way of finding topic replies for the last few days has been to log onto the web site and check for 'new replies to my posts'. However, having also reported it to BT, they are adamant that the problem does not rest with them. They suggest contacting our ISP to see if they can throw some light onto the matter.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

railsquid

Back when I used to run my own mail server, I observed that BT took a dislike to it and would accept emails (verifiable from the server logs), but silently discard them (verifiable from the recipients, who never received them, not even marked as spam).

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations