Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NScaleNotes and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

themadhippy

Doing the shoplifting and spotting 1kg (2lb2 oz)of carrots for 5p,and 500g (1lb) of parsnips for 5p. 50p  spent  and  enough veg for 2 gallons of wine.Just gotta keep an eye out for the cut price nannas as they makes a very nice dessert wine
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

SWMBO decided today that we needed to visit Tescos... :veryangry:

got there, and one of the items on her list was a bag of spuds !

now, before christmas they were 29p, and I, being STUPID, suggested getting a couple of bags. NO.

so today, same bag of spuds were .....................................................£ 2.00  :censored:

frosty atmosphere on the way home, I know I shouldn't have said anything, WHEN WILL I LEARN I CANNOT WIN. :'(

Newportnobby

Quote from: themadhippy on December 28, 2017, 04:53:36 PM
Doing the shoplifting and spotting 1kg (2lb2 oz)of carrots for 5p,and 500g (1lb) of parsnips for 5p. 50p  spent  and  enough veg for 2 gallons of wine.Just gotta keep an eye out for the cut price nannas as they makes a very nice dessert wine

If you were shoplifting that's 50p spent needlessly unless it was a disguise for some other stuff being half inched :P

David Asquith

Allo, Allo, Allo.  Whats going on ere?

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: class37025 on December 28, 2017, 05:12:22 PMbefore christmas they were 29p

I CANNOT WIN
:D
you have made my day !
guess who arrived home one day just before Xmas with a load of veg from Tesco, I had been allowed out alone and when she saw me hauling it into the kitchen she gave me a "look" that implied I had taken leave of my senses !
So :
spuds 5 bags (200 - 29) = 855
cauli 2x(130 - 29) = 202
fine beans 5x(160-18) = 710
carrots 4x(45-29) = 64
thus saved =1831p

£18.31 is now put into the modelling fund :)   :thumbsup: (and that is not counting the 4 bags of parsnip at 29 coz I dont know how much they are normally !? )

The Q

I buy our spuds from the local farm shop, 3*25kg for £10.

port perran

Ours come straight out of the ground at our allotment.
By the time I've spent hours preparing the ground, buying manure and fertiliser, buying the seed potatoes and buying the various pest sprays they probably cost ten-times what we'd pay in the supermarket!
They taste good though

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

guest311

Quote from: MalcolmAL on December 28, 2017, 07:42:43 PM
Quote from: class37025 on December 28, 2017, 05:12:22 PMbefore christmas they were 29p

I CANNOT WIN
:D
you have made my day !
guess who arrived home one day just before Xmas with a load of veg from Tesco, I had been allowed out alone and when she saw me hauling it into the kitchen she gave me a "look" that implied I had taken leave of my senses !
So :
spuds 5 bags (200 - 29) = 855
cauli 2x(130 - 29) = 202
fine beans 5x(160-18) = 710
carrots 4x(45-29) = 64
thus saved =1831p

£18.31 is now put into the modelling fund :)   :thumbsup: (and that is not counting the 4 bags of parsnip at 29 coz I dont know how much they are normally !? )

glad to oblige, dear boy  :)

hope you get something nice with your 'investment'

MalcolmInN

We used to have 2 local farm shops, all gone.
We used to have 2 garden centres that sold local produce, closed and got planning for houses, which will please the Tesco !
There is a farm shop a ways away, but it is a dairy farm, so gets all his veg. imported.

I used to grow lots in my veg patch [nearly a 1/2acre of it, we were self-sufficient in spuds & carrots, and usually did about 50 out of 52 weeks on our own onions,,, etc&etc], but made the mistake of going organic, the moles came in from far&wide, the rabbits at ground level, and the deer nibbled off that which the rabbits couldnt reach (I thought at first it was pole-vaulting slugs). So after a while I left them to it and now just harvest the brambles for wine and sit in the sun :)

guest311

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO ANNOY THE GODS ?

dragged down to Tes-b****y-cos again today, and the spuds we got yesterday, for £2, sell by 29 Dec, were today 10p  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

had to go down the whisky isle to calm down  :D

daffy

Just booked a solo one-week holiday in the Austrian Alps in the summer, so I'm a happy bunny. I only truly relax, switch-off, and get a recharge in the mountains, but the knowledge that all is booked is a great boost during the January malaise.

Looking at prices, I've booked the exact same holiday, near as makes little difference, with the same company, and with the self-same discounts applied, as I took in 2015. That one cost me £500, but this one is closer to £800  :o :goggleeyes:

But then I got to thinking about my first Austrian mountains foray back in 1999: two weeks, fully catered, and change from £200. :) Though that was an exceptional good deal even then.

How times change. But then, so have I! :D

Now, where did I put my Zimmer frame with all the mountaineering attachments? :hmmm:

Happy days. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

ozzie Bill.

Just got back from an overnight road trip with an old mate, through the Victorian High Country. For any one interested, we went to Mansfield, then up Mt Buller, then back to Jamieson, across to Eildon and back to Melb. About 500 km in total, a really good run with a great mate. As I am in poor health, this was a major achievement for me and is one off the bucket list. 2 Triumphs, my new Bonneville T100 Black and Will on his recent America. Our version of Easy Rider ha ha!

daveg

Sounds like a great trip, Bill.

Got any photos?

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations