what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Nice one Dave. I just love her music :thumbsup:
Tonight, I hah mostly been listening to old Island stuff - Heads, Hands & Feet, Tir Na Nog, Incredible String Band, Heavy Jelly etc

Mr chapman

Megadeth, symphony of destruction demo version. About a minute longer with a bass solo.
DCC southern modeller

OwL

Sheila & Black Devotion - Spacer

The corniest video I have ever seen. See if you can spot 'lazer beem eyes' :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Claude Dreyfus

I have finally managed to upload some tunes to my Smartphone...mainly to save me from my fellow commuters on the train in the morning...there is only so much inane chatter you can put up with without trying to kill anyone. So I have my Tom Waits collection being uploaded... ;D

My current favourite is 'Lie to Me', the opening track from his Orphans album. I first heard it on the radio - Mark Lamarr's late night show on Radio 2 a couple of years ago - and it was one of those 'wow' moments. I knew of his earlier work, but that blew me away...

It just so happens I'm listening to 'Small Change' as I'm typing this... :music:

Mustermark

Yep, I know what you mean.  I used to drown it out when I commuted by train too.

I have fond memories of being on a 166 to Slough with Breakbeat Bass filling my head reading Jonathan Strange - I think I must have enjoyed that half hour all to myself.  It's funny how you actually miss the bits you didn't like at the time once things change.

I have just been listening to that same Breakbeat Bass album.  Now it's time for Equinoxe by Jean Michel Jarre - one of my favorite ever albums to chill out to.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

upnick

Mate of mine on  Facebook   posted this  guy  on there  hadnt heard him before but am  hooked now look on you tube if it appeals for lots more awesome videos  ;D

Variations on Pachelbel's Canon - Ed alleyne-johnson

ED ALLEYNE JOHNSON - WITH OR WITHOUT YOU - YORK - 16th APRIL 2011

EtchedPixels

Quote from: upnick on January 31, 2012, 10:20:48 AM
Mate of mine on  Facebook   posted this  guy  on there  hadnt heard him before but am  hooked now look on you tube if it appeals for lots more awesome videos  ;D

He's also the violinist on New Model Army's 'Vagabonds' amongst other things.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

upnick

Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 03, 2012, 09:31:38 PM
Quote from: upnick on January 31, 2012, 10:20:48 AM

He's also the violinist on New Model Army's 'Vagabonds' amongst other things.

Alan

I believe so Alan have to get some of the New Model Army   Vagabonds etc   :)  next time im   in York   would be nice to see him  as in the second video   :thumbsup:

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Bit of a mish-mash tonight,
Elgar's Nimrod, Alice Cooper, Biffy Clyro, Deep Purple, Neil Young and now Frampton

longbridge

Crikey Nobby what ever your smoking I want some, big difference between Nimrod and Deep Purple.

Anyhow here is one of my all time favorite songs that I have been watching and listening to.

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up & See
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Oldman

Charlie Daniels Band - Devil went down to Georgia     LOUD
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

longbridge

Quote from: Oldman on February 04, 2012, 09:40:22 PM
Charlie Daniels Band - Devil went down to Georgia     LOUD

Bloody Hell mike that sounds like one mighty big fiddle ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Caught a quick glimpse of a short programme about William Walton at the Proms yesterday.
The BBC Symphony Orchestra played "Battle in the Air" as used in the film 'Battle of Britain'
Huge lump in throat and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end - awe inspiring

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations