bic mac

Started by joe cassidy, July 03, 2022, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

If I understand correctly bicmac has been banned from this forum.

His posts were controversial but he never insulted anyone, and I would even suggest that some of us enjoyed his s-stirring.

The guy is 78 years old.

Maybe he lives alone, on the Isle of Wight. Our forum may be his only link with the outside world.

Please Chris (Tank) and the team of moderators, be tolerant and give the guy another chance ?

Newportnobby

[gmod]I have no idea where the perception he has been banned comes from as he has just PM'd me. All I've done is lock a thread which prompted complaints until the other Mods have a chance to catch up with it. Where diid you get this impression from please @joe cassidy [/gmod]

dannyboy

I hope Bigmac has not been banned. Yes, some of his posts were controversial and I did find a couple to be insulting to some members, but when all said and done, it is a free country, (sort of), and we do have the option to ignore his posts. To be honest, I read them to see what replies he 'stirred up'. Some brought a smile to my face, others brought the response of "he is going to have to be careful". But whatever is said by anybody, somebody will probably be offended. That's life.  ;)

Addit: In view of the comment from Mick, which was posted as I was typing my reply, maybe my first sentence should read 'I hope Bigmac does not get banned'.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

exmouthcraig

He was controversial AND insulted the moderators in the Hattons thread only a few days ago.

78 years old or not at any age he should still be respectful to anyone's help or view point ESPECIALLY admin team.

And if this is his only contact with the outside world he should of treated it with the importance and value it brought him.

You can't repeatedly poke a bear with a sharp stick and then expect the same bear to save you from the self inflicted backlash

Newportnobby

[gmod]I repeat - Bigmac has not been banned and the thread concerned has been temporarily locked as normally occurs when complaints have been received until the entire Mod team have had a chance to catch up on it. To get a ban without some form of notice or more minor action being taken beforehand, you'd really have to have blotted your copybook!![/gmod]

Bigmac

i dont think ive been banned--well yet anyway

I'm actually 74, and happily married to a lovely lady 23 years younger than myself. We have a lovely home here on the Isle of Wight.

@exmouthcraig ---" AND insulted the moderators in the Hattons thread only a few days ago."......i really have no idea what youre talking about there--can you put up a link for me.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

exmouthcraig

The conversation was discussing the actions of the moderators and you clearly state you don't care what "they" think of you. That shows very little regard to "their importance" of the running of the forum

njee20

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 03, 2022, 10:03:55 PM
To get a ban without some form of notice or more minor action being taken beforehand, you'd really have to have blotted your copybook!!

*cracks knuckles*

Hold my beer...

Newportnobby

Oh dear. I've reached the stage of  :headbutt: and  :computerangry: so might join you, Nick ;)

Bigmac

Quote from: exmouthcraig on July 03, 2022, 10:14:32 PM

The conversation was discussing the actions of the moderators and you clearly state you don't care what "they" think of you. That shows very little regard to "their importance" of the running of the forum

i had no idea PLD is a mod here !

my reply to PLD was referring to the few members who tried to bully me with silly remarks on the deleted --and much missed--"ebay madness" thread.

after that deletion--i had a pm exchange with a mod--who told me the thread was deleted because it had become slanging match and its time was up.

also--see my reply#22 on the same page:

Quote from: Only Me on June 26, 2022, 09:57:23 PM
A thread is a thin line between fun and abuse the moderators have to act as they see fit...

yes--that was the gist of what a mod said to me when i asked why the entire thread had disappeared.  But it didnt worry me what the keyboard warriors had to say to me at the time; i'm thick skinned ( and headed ).

Bigmac

Quote from: njee20 on July 03, 2022, 10:14:44 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 03, 2022, 10:03:55 PM
To get a ban without some form of notice or more minor action being taken beforehand, you'd really have to have blotted your copybook!!

*cracks knuckles*

Hold my beer...

well--you and i have crossed swords a few times on here--but youre always welcome to meet for a beer if ever youre over in this neck of the woods.

Bigmac

@joe cassidy  and @ Dannyboy

thank you for your kind and thoughtful remarks.

Newportnobby

I have to say I'm in unknown waters here as, in my years as a Mod, I've never seen a fellow forum member discussed on the open forum. All I'll say is if @Bigmac wants it gone, I'll oblige

Bigmac

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 03, 2022, 11:05:38 PM
I have to say I'm in unknown waters here as, in my years as a Mod, I've never seen a fellow forum member discussed on the open forum. All I'll say is if @Bigmac wants it gone, I'll oblige

if you mean this thread--i dont want it gone--at least--not yet !

if you mean the future of dcc thread--i asked for it to be deleted as it had gone way off topic and i feel some members had said things they might prefer  to be gone.

emjaybee

To clarify a couple of points.

1. Only one person misses the Ebay thread that had lost all its original meaning.

2. I stand by my earlier posts of Sunday evening.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66