Advent Calendars (including Rails of Sheffield)

Started by Skyline2uk, December 01, 2018, 09:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

As today is the first day of December and I received Rails of Sheffield's first advent calendar e-mail today (00 gauge offer  :(); I am reminded of children all across the land having their first bit of, more often than not, advent chocolate today.

My mother in law insists on keeping this tradition alive, and this year I also have my sister in law to thank for a Lego Star Wars calendar  :D

Now my sister in law knows that the dexterity required to assemble Luke Skywalkers' speeder early in the morning may elude me. She also knows that the suggested age range on the box (6-14) is just that, a suggestion  ;D

Hope everyone is enjoying this first December weekend.

Skyline2uk

joe cassidy

got the advent calendars for my kids (19, 20 & 22 years) from Marks & Spencer this morning - Star Wars, Where's Willy and good old Santa Claus.

May give Phil Spector's Christmas Album a spin this afternoon.

Best regards,

Joe

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 01, 2018, 09:13:44 AM
the suggested age range on the box (6-14) is just that, a suggestion  ;D

I always thought that was how many years it would take me to make it :-[

Trainfish

The old ones are always the best aren't they Mick?
A bit like the one where David Beckham was given a box of cornflakes and he thought it was a jigsaw to make the picture on the front of the box.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Merrylee

What's the RoS one today,

I've tried to open the e mail but comes up blank.

Ron

Ps what Mr Beckham didn't realise if he added milk the cornflakes would fit better.

Railwaygun

Alas no DM-Toys advent calendar this year.

Dear Sir,

sorry but we don´t make it this year. We have no good idea how to do it spectacular. So we let it be, we don´t like to have boring things...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards / Cordialement / Saludos / Met vriendelijke groet

Daniel Mrugalski
- Inhaber / Owner -
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Trainfish

Still waiting for @Skyline2uk to post day 2 of his. Come on Adam, you can't just leave it at day 1, you have to do all 24  :claphappy:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

Quote from: Railwaygun on December 02, 2018, 12:49:36 PM
Alas no DM-Toys advent calendar this year.

Dear Sir,

sorry but we don´t make it this year. We have no good idea how to do it spectacular. So we let it be, we don´t like to have boring things...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards / Cordialement / Saludos / Met vriendelijke groet

Daniel Mrugalski
- Inhaber / Owner -
Indeed, nobody likes boring things. :beers:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on December 02, 2018, 12:55:08 PM
Still waiting for @Skyline2uk to post day 2 of his. Come on Adam, you can't just leave it at day 1, you have to do all 24  :claphappy:

Fair point!

Day two is a big jump forward in terms of films, from day one's speeder from "A New Hope" to a mini figure of Rose Tico from "The Last Jedi".

Sorry I posted a bit slow, in the middle of a big data backup....

Skyline2uk

Skyline2uk

Didn't take long, but got a day behind!

Day 3 and 4 shown below:

In both cases I didn't know what they were going to be until all assembled.

They are a bit "low res", but defintaley Slave 1 (left) and an A-Wing (right)  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 04, 2018, 06:38:02 PM
Didn't take long, but got a day behind!

Day 3 and 4 shown below:

In both cases I didn't know what they were going to be until all assembled.

They are a bit "low res", but defintaley Slave 1 (left) and an A-Wing (right)  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

I think you mean Slave 1 (bottom) A-Wing (top). This really isn't helping my bad neck you know  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

RailGooner

Trainfish

December the 5th and my stiff neck is starting to ease. The big question is, will @Skyline2uk inflict yet more pain on me in the final 75 minutes of today?
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations