SD Mouldings

Started by InsaneSociety, February 17, 2019, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneSociety

Does anyone have information about SD Mouldings? I'm after a long engine shed, either single or double track having missed out on several eBay listings.
Born to live, Live to die

Caz

I "think" they were bought out years ago by possibly Gaugemaster.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

RichardBattersby

The man behind SD Mouldings was still going a few years ago as I bought a large batch of buildings and walls from him, including two double road engine sheds. I found his contact details in an old Railway Modeller together with a very brief list of items he made. He was only trading via ebay at the time, which is where I bought my bits and pieces. He was very helpful via email though he was in the process of working out what moulds were useable and what was damaged. I think he'd had some time off due to ill health. I don't know whether he's still producing anything though.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Bob Tidbury

B H Enterprises used to stock S D Mouldings ,They were made of plaster and were quite fragile   and just couldn't stand the constant traveling that they had going to each exhibition and if not sold going back in their boxes ,I ended up buying the ones that got chipped and had missing chimneys etc etc ,Ray let me buy at cost ,I then repaired them by putting different chimney stacks or putting foliage on the corners that were chipped .
From a distance they looked very good but if you looked close up that showed up the faults such as the size of the painted drain pipes .
When I see Ray I will ask him if the guy IS still going and get his contact details .You can see the village I made in my media folder or on Utube search
Bob Tidbury Stonehouse Model Railway .
Bob Tidbury

InsaneSociety

I contacted Gaugemaster who informed me they had no part in the buy-out. Thank you for the replies Bob and Richard, as my model is not likely to go to exhibitions, I still desire one of the long sheds and would appreciate any help in locating one.
I believe Ratio do some drainpipes and gutters that I intend on sourcing to place on my models.
Born to live, Live to die

Bob Tidbury

I think that Caz was getting confused with the Kestrel kits they are now owned by Gaugemaster .But I will ask Ray when I see him next and report back here ,he will have the contact details .
Bob Tidbury

Caz

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 27, 2019, 11:31:02 AM
I think that Caz was getting confused with the Kestral kits they are now owned by Gaugemaster .But I will ask Ray when I see him next and report back here ,he will have the contact details .
Bob Tidbury

I plead guilty m'Lord   :doh:   
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

KiwiAlan

Is there a list somewhere of the different buildings?

I have quite a few and would like to document which ones are which.

Thanks

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations