Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Ah, got him. My eBay fu was failing me! I keep an eye on Farish 66s, as they're always useful to have if they're going cheap, but hadn't spotted those because he has the whole loco number in the listing.

Ted

A 37 in BR blue needs numbering and a full rake of HEA Hopper's (not all in shot):

I won't be sharing everything else that turned up this week as to be honest, I'm slightly embarrassed at the volume of stuff!
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

crewearpley40

Ted

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 12, 2020, 11:53:54 AM
Egad! There's several walletsful there :goggleeyes:

Ah, thankfully this rake came from a fellow forum member and he looked after me on price!  :beers:

However, the other cough100+cough were eye-wateringly at pretty much RRP.  :-[

Honestly... this is an addiction. If the postman enters the drive empty handed, I shout at him!  :smiley-laughing:

Just not Eddie.

Newportnobby

Whilst in the process of purchasing various branded wagons for a project I stumbled across some Dapol silver bullets (the weathered versions) and just couldn't resist. Let's face it, with lockdown equalling virtually no petrol being used, no going out for brekkie, brunch, lunch etc I am actually saving money every month. IMHO these are the most exquisite wagons made by Dapol and, even though I hate Rule 1 (sorry to those who operate with it) and I have nothing remotely correct era wise to pull them, well, here they are having ariived from Model Railways Direct today.......

tutenkhamunsleeping

Newportnobby

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on June 13, 2020, 02:18:02 PM
Class 66!

Sur votre bicyclette, Monsieur. I point my privates at your Auntie and fart in your general direction, you silly English k-nig-it :moony: :nerner:

crewearpley40

Mick. They look fine ,looks like the diverted wedgwood potteries at etruria , stoke on trent tanks from Cornwall.  Superb type 3 loco mind you

Jack

Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

njee20

They are great wagons, some of my favourites. A few of mine derail sporadically though, which is really annoying.

ohlavache

Here is a lovely Bubble car, which is a special edition from DCC Supplies.

The best livery for a Bubble car, from my point of view.

Newportnobby

3 items this week.
One - a couple of NGS mermaids built, painted and decalled for me by member Paul Cheffus. Many thanks, Paul.

Two - following the revelation I'd bought 4 Dapol weathered bullets from Models Railways Direct I was offered some more at a very fair price by member class37025, along with a Farish 'Alcan' branded PCA for my 'Branded wagons' project. I got a Brucie Bonus in that there were 2 of them.
Thank you, Alan! When the skies lighten (if they do without lightning) I'll do a short vid of a 'bullet train' :)

Three - a swap with member dickydcc to get a Farish conflat with Birds Eye containers, again for my 'Branded wagons' project. Thank you, Rich.

Ted

Very pleased with my 31, 37 and rare as rocking horse sh*te 37 in coal sector livery! Love that:

37 coal sector is Scottish but I'll renumber and make an exception, I love the coal livery.

Just not Eddie.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations