Is there anything up with Osborns Models?

Started by austinbob, March 31, 2015, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Placed and order on line early last week and did not receive any acknowledgement.
Sent email yesterday morning early - no response so far
Phoned this afternoon - message 'they are not available to answer the phone'

Anyone know if this is the norm for Osborns or do they have a problem at the moment

:thankyousign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

guest311

not unusual in my experience, I'm afraid.

tend to use Lendons instead if not from Liverpool.

austinbob

Quote from: class37025 on March 31, 2015, 05:41:02 PM
not unusual in my experience, I'm afraid.

tend to use Lendons instead if not from Liverpool.
There's a thread for poor service at Hattons around at the moment. The response I've had from Osborns makes Hattons look the Bee's knees...
>:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

The email side of Osborns can be a bit flaky but I have had the occasional helpful reply and always a good delivery service from them.

Saying that, Michael does owe me a reply to my most recent enquiry (10 days or so ago) re their exclusive Schools.

As with most N gauge kit that isn't yet available, patience seems to be the word.

Dave G

Ben A

Hello there,

I had a chat with Maurice earlier today.  They've been attending a trade event, and had no one available to cover in the shop.  Should be open again tomorrow as normal.

cheers

Ben A.

sparky

Why didn't they just leave a message to that effect with a simple promise to call back the next working day...

Geoff

I have used Osbornes once about 2 years ago and I shall never use them again, I think it took about 3 weeks to get an order to me, I never had a problem with Hattons.

I have bought stuff from Osbornes from the N Gauge show.
Geoff

austinbob

Quote from: sparky on March 31, 2015, 06:35:54 PM
Why didn't they just leave a message to that effect with a simple promise to call back the next working day...

Exactly Sparky - as I said - they seem to make Hattons look like the Beez Kneez.
:thankyousign:

Bob Austin

Caz

AFAIK Osborn's is always closed on Mondays, there used to be a note somewhere on the site to that effect.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

austinbob

Quote from: Caz on March 31, 2015, 06:54:41 PM
AFAIK Osborn's is always closed on Mondays, there used to be a note somewhere on the site to that effect.   ;)
Today is Tuesday!!  - no one answering the phone - no message about why!  - Not good enough.

Bob Austin

guest311

off topic, but I hope it will be forgiven.

my last order from Lendons was for some Kestrel buildings, and some Peco extensions for their MGR hoppers.

placed the order one evening, checked my emails the next lunchtime and there was one from them

they apologised that due to a stock error they could not supply all my hoods till their next delivery from Peco, in about a week or so.

they then asked if I would like them to send the Kestral items and those they had, and then send on the others when in stock or

would I like them to send just the Kestral items, and then send the whole hood order when they had the full order

or would I rather cancel the order and try elsewhere.

I replied to hold the whole order till they had the other hoods, and that was what they did, e-mailing me to let me know the order was in the post.

now that's what I call service.

georgehgv

Personally prefer Kernow or if Peco or Dapol the it is Derails, best prices and courtesy updates. Did use Walton models Saturday and saved a lot on 6 GBRf wagons, way cheaper and if been in today when postie tried to deliver .....
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

daveg

Always helpful to get recommendations of alternative suppliers to the major outlets.

Dave G

Railwaygun

Bought 2 colmans trucks last week - excellent service as always

They Are our biggest N shop in UK - use it or lose it!

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

austinbob

Quote from: Railwaygun on April 01, 2015, 09:18:57 AM
They Are our biggest N shop in UK - use it or lose it!
That is exactly what I am trying to do to no avail over the past week or so. They do not seem to want to communicate. Maybe it would be best if we did lose them!!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations