Peco Settrack layout HELP!

Started by Staggy1970, April 04, 2019, 06:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggy1970

Hi everyone, can someone help me please! I'm planning my layout based on Peco Setrack N gauge planbook PLAN 1b, but using a Peco ST-45 left hand curved turnout and 3 Peco ST-17 No.3 radius curves to add an extra loop (to make 3 running lines at the 'top' of the layout) after the curves I've added ST-11's an ST-3 and a ST-6 L/H point, the track doesn't seem to join together properly I'm using a SL-336 Way Gauge. What am I doing wrong???????
Will the track match up when it's fixed to the baseboard???????

ntpntpntp

Can you post a photo of the problem?  Is it a case of the geometry not working, or a physical problem getting the pieces to fit (eg. sleepers in the way or something like that?)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Staggy1970

I can't seem to get the pics on the forum, I'm gonna have another planning session on Saturday, I'll try and take some better quality pictures then.

Newportnobby

Difficult to answer without being able to picture it, but methinks it could be the ST6 is 1st radius (9") curve whereas the ST45 is designed to form a crossover between 2nd and 3rd radius curves so the geometry won't match up :hmmm:

Staggy1970

The ST-45 is joining the 2nd and 3rd radius curves, actually the problem might be on the 3 lines of straight track, perhaps it's my imagination! I'll have another look Saturday. Thanks again

Bealman

If that's the case, maybe you could cut lengths of flexible track to fit?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Time for a daft question from me, but you are using the wider spacing of the SL-336 gauge?
The more narrow spacing is for streamline track. Sorry, but it has to be asked.

Staggy1970

Hi, yes I am using the wider spacing, thanks. On Saturday or Sunday I'm going to relay all the track, I purchased Graham Farish 372-310 Merchant Navy Class "East Asiatic Company" it came today so I'm gonna run it in, can't wait, it's a beautiful loco. .

Big bad John

Here is how to fit ST44 and ST45 points into 1, 2, 3, and 4th radius curves using setrack.

You may need to zoom in to see the track section part numbers.

Staggy1970

Cheers John, I purchased an ST-44 today, so I think I'll solve the problem. Thanks again all

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations