The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

QuoteAnyone for tennis?
wouldnt that be nice

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

lil chris

Can anyone tell me why free view has to keep continually keep changing the channel numbers around. Snooker was on red button 671 but seems to have moved back to 601, it used to be 601 before. Because of this you can not save a favourite channels list because you have to start again ever time they move them around it's a pain in the ****.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Dunno, Chris. I think it's summat to do with mobile broadband, but 1000s of Freeview viewers are complaining even after retuning some channels are lost to them.

talisman56

Freeview is being b*99*r*d about a lot at the moment because of the 'need' to clear out frequency ranges for 5G and other services.

The current programme is here --> https://ukfree.tv/at700/list/all

Various other pages have more detailed info. My TV always reports that 'new channels have been found', but unless it's on or about any of the dates listed on the linked page I ignore that becuase it's only reporting that some channels are now broadcasting at that time that were not the last time I switched on (or are not, when they were).
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

stevewalker

Freeview seems to involve no end of messing around with repeated re-tuning (our box loses all it's pre-set recording timers when it is re-tuned too). We pretty well gave up on it and have probably not used it for 18 months or more. We find no such problems with Freesat.

talisman56

We haven't got Freesat (or SKY) as SWMBO flat out refuses to have a dustbin lid mounted on the side of the house...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0

dannyboy

Quote from: stevewalker on August 16, 2020, 01:29:41 PM
We find no such problems with Freesat.

I watch Freesat here in Ireland, by telling the box I have a BD2 postcode, ( :whistle:), and don't think I have ever had a problem.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

talisman56

After a few years happy association with Ovo Energy, I fear their days are numbered in this household...

I was browsing my current on-line bill when an EMail dropped into my in-box regarding my Direct Debit for same. On-line, they say that my monthly payments are adequate for the consumption they project I will use until my contract anniversary in April next year. In the EMail, they contradict this and say I will have to increase my DD by nearly £10 a month (10.5%) to meet my projected consumption. There is a not-so-veiled threat that they'll do it anyway if I don't do it myself.

I left my previous supplier as they were wont to use me (and presumably their other customers) as some sort of private banking system (when we left I had to reclaim just shy of £500 from them as they kept increasing my DD and when I challenged them did reduce it, but bumped it up again a couple of months later), as well as three times unilaterally, and without informing me, booking Smart Meter installations.

Ovo have been very accomodating on both these fronts, letting me monitor my usage and calculate/change my DD myself, according to how I project usage. The situation has been complicated in that I had changed the way we heat our house and hot water last autumn, increasing gas consumption and reducing (to a greater amount) usage of electricity, so my bills should be lower, ot higher. Also, once I had told them, that unless they are prepared to install a Smart Meter that will be usable by other suppliers, then I'm not interested and they have left it at that.

I'm happy with my current DD payment, so if they do the dirty with the DD I'm quite prepared to say put it back down otherwise you'll have an ex-customer next April...

dannyboy

Quote from: talisman56 on August 16, 2020, 03:07:15 PM
I'm quite prepared to say put it back down otherwise you'll have an ex-customer next April...

That's the way to do it!  ;). We get an electricity bill every two months and I pay a set amount each month. Every bill lists what the next three payments will be. I have a record of my own meter readings going back over five years, so if the monthly amount I am charged is to be increased, I can see if it is justified. If not, I am on the telephone asking why they will be increasing my monthly charge. I have only had to do this on three occasions and on two of those, the company agreed to keep the payments as they were and on the third, they actually reduced the monthly payment.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

Quote from: talisman56 on August 16, 2020, 03:07:15 PM
After a few years happy association with Ovo Energy, I fear their days are numbered in this household...

I was browsing my current on-line bill when an EMail dropped into my in-box regarding my Direct Debit for same. On-line, they say that my monthly payments are adequate for the consumption they project I will use until my contract anniversary in April next year. In the EMail, they contradict this and say I will have to increase my DD by nearly £10 a month (10.5%) to meet my projected consumption. There is a not-so-veiled threat that they'll do it anyway if I don't do it myself.

I left my previous supplier as they were wont to use me (and presumably their other customers) as some sort of private banking system (when we left I had to reclaim just shy of £500 from them as they kept increasing my DD and when I challenged them did reduce it, but bumped it up again a couple of months later), as well as three times unilaterally, and without informing me, booking Smart Meter installations.

Ovo have been very accomodating on both these fronts, letting me monitor my usage and calculate/change my DD myself, according to how I project usage. The situation has been complicated in that I had changed the way we heat our house and hot water last autumn, increasing gas consumption and reducing (to a greater amount) usage of electricity, so my bills should be lower, ot higher. Also, once I had told them, that unless they are prepared to install a Smart Meter that will be usable by other suppliers, then I'm not interested and they have left it at that.

I'm happy with my current DD payment, so if they do the dirty with the DD I'm quite prepared to say put it back down otherwise you'll have an ex-customer next April...

changed to Ovo many years ago, and they were much cheaper, but now they keep trying to increase my DD, 'because you will be in debit at the end of your contract'.

spoke to them again and again, explaining that I want my DD as it is, and if I'm in debit at the end of my contract, I'll pay that then.

they do not like this, but sod them, I'm in credit at the moment so they can swivel, and needless to say, when my contract is finished, I shall be an ex customer of Ovo.

also keep trying to get me to take a green energy option, which of course is more expensive, but as far as I know, lecky is lecky, comes down the same cable, and so they can 'go away'.

load of con merchants.

Dorsetmike

I'm with SSE as are most of the residents in this block, our meters re not in the flats but in a separate "plant room" key held by site manager; at 86 I'm not as mobile as I was, so I relied on their 6 monthly meter reading, when I didn't supply a reading they bumped my DD up to £186PC ,  other residents are paying between £40 and £50, I got Citizens advice on the case and they have got me onto a register which means that SSE have to read the meter every 3 months, due to Covid this has been in abeyance, so SSE have reduced my DD to £90 PCM, citizens advice are now making them install a check meter to try and prove what I should be paying.

I'm on the economy 10 rate, which gives me a cheap rate for 5 hours overnight, 3 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours in the evening, this is not just for the night storage heaters and the main immersion heater but all electricity used in those "off peak" hours, so the washing machine and water heater get switched on and some of the cooking done in the afternoon or evening. This time of year no room heating is used, so where they get £90 PCM I just haven't a clue. I can't have a smart meter as they don't have one to do economy rate switching, plus the meter is not in the flat so I would not be able to do any monitoring.   
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Just looked at the BBC website for the weather on Friday............

Light rain and a fresh breeze.

So how come that lovely Carol Kirkwood lady on BBC Breakfast this morning stated categorically we were going to cop for pissistent heavy rain and winds between 50-60mph?

Is it completely beyond the Beeb's capability to present the same info across the media?

Newportnobby

And another one while I'm here. ...........

Seems there was a drinking party in Manchester with 100 or so people present. Police were pelted with missiles when they tried to break it up. The party organiser was fined £100.
If they had a whip round that would be £1 per person.

Matt Hancock stated on TV this morning fines from now on would be doubled.

Big deal. How about £5000? How about allowing the authorities to break such gatherings up with tear gas/water cannon?
These people are never going to learn without harsh penalties.

MinZaPint

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 19, 2020, 01:14:03 PM
Just looked at the BBC website for the weather on Friday............

Is it completely beyond the Beeb's capability to present the same info across the media?

Yes! unfortunately, their weather forecasting is getting worse and as you point out they cannot keep up with themselves. We try to have small social gatherings (4 of us) outside once a week and this has become impossible to organise 2 days in advance!   :veryangry:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

guest311

How about allowing the authorities to break such gatherings up with tear gas/water cannon?

don't forget the good old rubber bullet  :thumbsup:

"you throw an egg at me, punk, you get one of these in return."

I know,a misquote, IIRC it should be

"you send one of ours to the hospital, we send of of yours to the morgue"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations