Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinball and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

tunneroner61

Well I wouldn't risk using the 'Analogue' button at all. Get a basic DC controller like the one in GF DC sets. They are simple and effective. Just had a look on ebay - there's plenty there but they seem pricey to me, so maybe try the Gaugemaster equivalent.

Kaput has made a good suggestion re Gaugemaster.

Norman

strain

Might be worth asking the vendor if you can exchange for a DC set.  You might prefer the coaches/wagons and save buying another controller.

Thank you everyone for your advice, I probably should have researched a bit further before making my purchase and asked for advice on here first. Lesson learned. I'm not usually this impulsive before buying, I think a bit of lockdown fever got to me and I just decided I had to have that large logo 37.

I quite like the loco that came with the set so I'll keep it and I'll order a cheap DC controller to run my other locos.

gc4946

Could you swap out the DCC chip and fit a blanking socket so it runs on DC?
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Newportnobby

Quote from: 37214 on May 13, 2020, 09:11:56 PM

I quite like the loco that came with the set so I'll keep it and I'll order a cheap DC controller to run my other locos.

Always worth it as, unless you buy 'DCC fitted' locos anything else should really be run in on DC before fitting the chip of your choice.

I'm a real newbie when it comes to this stuff; that might be possible but I don't really want to start taking the loco apart at the moment as I don't know what I'm doing.

I've been given the name of a contact in the Berkshire Area Group, which is my local area group and when restrictions allow, I intend to go along to one of their club nights and see what they get up to. Perhaps someone there will know if it can be modified.

crewearpley40

@37214 . Snowwolflair  , hailstone, bob tidbury may help. They are members. Snowwolflair is the chair

Quote from: crewearpley40 on May 13, 2020, 10:12:49 PM
@37214 . Snowwolflair  , hailstone, bob tidbury may help. They are members. Snowwolflair is the chair

Thank you

Thanks, I have been on that website as they are my local AG  :)

Plan is to pay a visit once they re-open, my son knows one of the members of the group through another hobby group and is keeping me informed.

lil chris

Brilliant service from Modeltrains Direct, I ordered the GF Castle Pullman set yesterday morning and it has arrived this morning. Pretty good service from RoyalMail too. Picture to follow later.

Note this should read Model Railways Direct. Me getting mixed up again.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Skyline2uk

Quote from: lil chris on May 14, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
Brilliant service from Modeltrains Direct, I ordered the GF Castle Pullman set yesterday morning and it has arrived this morning. Pretty good service from RoyalMail too. Picture to follow later.

Model Railways Direct? Forgive me if I am wrong, I have not heard of Modeltrains Direct.

If it is MRD, I am a big fan of theirs as well.

Skyline2uk

lil chris

Yes me silly old duffer, it is Model Railways Direct and they are brilliant.
Lil Chris
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.

lil chris

Lil Chris

Chris, did you buy the set just for the loco or for some other reason?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations