Moon landing - 50 years

Started by Bealman, July 11, 2019, 07:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerdB

Quote from: crewearpley40 on July 20, 2019, 01:29:37 AM
sounded interesting !!!!! if  a recording is found later will try and put a snippet

The concert is repeated on Radio 3 on Monday 22nd at 1400 and the TV broadcast is on the iPlayer.

Bealman

As I sit here tonight, I'm looking at my diary from 1969.

Little did I know then, that, 50 years later, to the day, I'd be on crutches and wearing a plastic moonboot!  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Bealman

crewearpley40

hope that you get well george if on crutches, worth a listen to that

rogerdB

Quote from: Bealman on July 20, 2019, 11:56:34 AM

Little did I know then, that, 50 years later, to the day, I'd be on crutches and wearing a plastic moonboot!  :worried:

But let's be grateful that we were alive to witness the mission and are still alive and able to remember it!

crewearpley40

railsquid

Quote from: rogerdB on July 20, 2019, 02:17:27 PM

But let's be grateful that we were alive to witness the mission and are still alive and able to remember it!

Sometimes I wish I'd been born about a decade earlier as I missed all the exciting space stuff. As it was I would have witnessed Apollo 17 late in the third trimester, for Apollo 16 I may just about technically have existed as a clump of cells.

scottmitchell74

Quote from: railsquid on July 20, 2019, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: rogerdB on July 20, 2019, 02:17:27 PM

Sometimes I wish I'd been born about a decade earlier as I missed all the exciting space stuff. As it was I would have witnessed Apollo 17 late in the third trimester, for Apollo 16 I may just about technically have existed as a clump of cells.

Me too! I generally like when I was born and would prefer to be a child of the 80's than of the 70's, but I would have loved to been alive and aware during the Moon-era. I also think that would have been a great decade for NFL football and MLB baseball, just knowing my preferences for how the game is played.  That said, I missed out on Vietnam entirely and the rest of what I call "the lost decade".
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

crewearpley40

i was not even born but soundede fascinating when i read up on this

crewearpley40

here is the beeb c yes the corporation clip and some
commentary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-48991051

Bealman

A couple of pages from my 1969 diary....

It would appear the young Bealman was a very active young lad in those days.... climbing over Striding Edge one day, and brewing beer another!

Here's the front page of our local rag from saturday:

chrism

Quote from: Bealman on July 21, 2019, 06:14:04 AM
A couple of pages from my 1969 diary....

It would appear the young Bealman was a very active young lad in those days.... climbing over Striding Edge one day, and brewing beer another!

Pity his diary didn't have a spool chucker   :P

crewearpley40

Was that article well thumbed or sepia toned?

chrism

Quote from: crewearpley40 on July 21, 2019, 08:18:05 AM
Was that article well thumbed or sepia toned?

Probably just its age - newspaper paper does tend to go yellow with age quicker than better quality paper which is intended to last better.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations