The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Doltic on November 11, 2019, 07:33:53 PM
My provider is apparently incapable of linking my flat up to the world wide web - We've been trying to getting them to make it work since end of august - Now, 3 months later i'm still stuck with a darned 4G thing with limited bandwidth.

And they say the germans are efficent and everything.

I dunno, my former Finanzamt (tax office) managed to track me down two moves away in Japan to send me a long letter admonishing me for not submitting a tax return, then an even longer letter telling me they'd done it for me and worked out they owed me money. Meanwhile some idiots seem hellbent on removing my right to return to live there for no good reason, which is a whole other story, on the other hand it's the kind of country where they turn up to install the optical fibre internet and apologise for the inconvenience of being early and it has just worked ever since.

Doltic

Quote from: railsquid on November 12, 2019, 02:49:35 PM

I dunno, my former Finanzamt (tax office) managed to track me down two moves away in Japan to send me a long letter admonishing me for not submitting a tax return, then an even longer letter telling me they'd done it for me and worked out they owed me money. Meanwhile some idiots seem hellbent on removing my right to return to live there for no good reason, which is a whole other story, on the other hand it's the kind of country where they turn up to install the optical fibre internet and apologise for the inconvenience of being early and it has just worked ever since.

This is a very german thing to do. I've lived here for the most part of my youth and it's a very interesting country.

Still, the internet issue is annoying me greatly. And I don't like the DB-type trains. Not enough stinky diesels.

Deltic nerd.

now owns a BR01.

railsquid

Quote from: Doltic on November 12, 2019, 02:55:14 PM
Quote from: railsquid on November 12, 2019, 02:49:35 PM

This is a very german thing to do. I've lived here for the most part of my youth and it's a very interesting country.

Still, the internet issue is annoying me greatly. And I don't like the DB-type trains. Not enough stinky diesels.

For a few years in the 1990s I lived in an apartment overlooking the tracks next to Warschauer Strasse station in (former East) Berlin, and every afternoon around 4pm a Ludmilla would turn up and spend some time idling in direct view before taking a Talgo sleeper rake on what I presume was a circuitous journey to wherever it started its revenue service from (IIRC Bhf Zoo).

I was delighted to find stinky diesels still doing a similar job in 2014:

P1020950 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

If it's any consolation I had to wait about 2 years to get an actual telephone line in said apartment, mind you that was before the internet was really a thing.

Doltic

Quote from: railsquid on November 12, 2019, 03:04:15 PM
[

I was delighted to find stinky diesels still doing a similar job in 2014:

P1020950 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

If it's any consolation I had to wait about 2 years to get an actual telephone line in said apartment, mind you that was before the internet was really a thing.

Stinky diesels are good!

Sadly not Deltics tho. Still, nice and stinky.
Deltic nerd.

now owns a BR01.

Skyline2uk

Eon update:

Case raised with Ombudsman.

I am now after additional compensation, because Eon have let it get this far.

Honestly if they just resolved it on first complaint I would be signing their praises.

Skyline2uk

stevewalker

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 13, 2019, 09:00:22 PM
Eon update:

Case raised with Ombudsman.

I am now after additional compensation, because Eon have let it get this far.

Honestly if they just resolved it on first complaint I would be signing their praises.

Skyline2uk

Yes. More than once I have been happy to promote the virtues of companies to friends and family when they have dealt with problems or mistakes well - even more so than a company that I have not experienced any problem with! Equally, I have warned many people off companies that have failed to quickly resolve a problem of their making.

Bealman

Mrs Bealman is currently having a new kitchen put in at not inconsiderable expense.

Friday, delivery truck arrived with new fridge. Reckoned he couldn't get into the house, took it back to the warehouse.

Over weekend, I measured up, thought yes, I'll take sliding door off, and they can get it in the back.

They returned yesterday, got it in no problems. However, on unpacking, it was found to have been despatched from the factory with a huge dint in the door.

No worries, they were coming back today with a new one to swap it over.

Except when they turned up this arvo, someone had forgotten to put the new one in the truck....  :worried:

Ah well, there's always tomorrow, I guess :smackedface:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Sounds like the plot for a Laurel and Hardy film, George.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Malc on November 19, 2019, 12:39:48 PM
Sounds like the plot for a Laurel and Hardy film, George.

Piano up the steps?  ;D

https://youtu.be/HEYl9EbvdN8

Dave G

woodbury22uk

Next up Flanders & Swann "The Gasman commeth"

https://youtu.be/zyeMFSzPgGc

followed by "on the slow train" to keep to a rail theme

https://youtu.be/U6OHD2uCpfU

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Malc

Quote from: woodbury22uk on November 19, 2019, 01:01:14 PM
Next up Flanders & Swann "The Gasman commeth"

https://youtu.be/zyeMFSzPgGc

followed by "on the slow train" to keep to a rail theme

https://youtu.be/U6OHD2uCpfU

Both classics. I remember Swan telling a story about leaving Flanders asleep in his wheelchair outside the newsagent while he bought some matches. When he came out Flanders had some money in his lap. It was near bonfire night and penny for the guy was popular.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

Quote from: Malc on November 19, 2019, 01:20:44 PM
Both classics. I remember Swan telling a story about leaving Flanders asleep in his wheelchair outside the newsagent while he bought some matches. When he came out Flanders had some money in his lap. It was near bonfire night and penny for the guy was popular.

Reminds me of an episode of "till death us do part" when Alf Garnett fell asleep in a wheel chair and some kids dressed him up as a guy😊

Bealman

Just saw some Attenborough show about Australia.

Flying foxes - bats!!!

Pests!

Nested in a tree above our house, shat all over the roof,and stunk like hell.

Removing the tree cost $1800.

Stuff that show!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

You're lucky you can do that , in the UK bats are protected Species, you'd not be allowed to chop the tree down..

dannyboy

As I buy a lot of my stuff on line and as some individuals/companies charge exharb xorbit eckshor silly money to post to Ireland, I use a forwarding service, whereby I can use a specific UK address and the item is then forwarded to my local Post office for me to collect at a reasonable fee. As the Post Office is now located in the shop where Louisa works, this is a perfect way for me to get my parcels. A parcel was sent to me by Mick of this parish, (thank you @Newportnobby ). I specifically asked Mick to quote my reference number which he did. The forwarding company can be a bit awkward if the ref. no. and address are not spot on. My parcel had a sticker on it saying my name had not been quoted correctly. After a while I realised what Mick had done wrong - he had addressed the parcel formally, ie Mr. D. Kay. What is wrong with that? It then dawned on me - the parcel should have been addressed to Mr. David Kay!!!!  If using the service was not to my benefit, I would tell the company where to put their  :censored: service.  :veryangry:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations