Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daversmth

Quote from: railsquid on May 09, 2019, 02:24:48 PM
Bit of ax tight curve to get on that turntable, methinks.

Turntable fed from the other end out of shot, methinks.

Newportnobby

@Lawrence
In my defence I was engrossed in hoovering my belly button when the doorbell went. I looked out of the window and didn't recognise the car. I then opened the door and, at first, didn't look at faces but just saw a couple standing there and thought 'here comes the spiel for the Watchtower' or something similar. It was only when Lawrence spoke the immortal 'Hello Scrote' that I realised who my visitors were. Absolutely gobsmacked they would come down the west coast side to get to Kent, let alone call in on me! Great to see Lawrence and Della and am disappointed they couldn't find anywhere with any decent US/Japanese N gauge stock. Hope the Glenrothes show is a better hunting ground.

Bealman

If I call in I'll be expecting more than tea. Lawrence certainly was a long way from home but I'll be further  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: daversmth on May 09, 2019, 05:12:36 PM
Quote from: railsquid on May 09, 2019, 02:24:48 PM
Bit of ax tight curve to get on that turntable, methinks.

Turntable fed from the other end out of shot, methinks.

Tongue firmly in cheek, methinks  :angel:

NinOz

Went to vote in Federal elections today at local state school.  What a disappointment.
No cake stand full of tasty homemade cakes, not even a sausage sizzle. :(
Will have to check online next time to see where to vote.

Consolation in that Bealman will get excited at this blatant political post. :D

What are meth-inks?
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bealman

There was a sausage sizzle at ours  :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NinOz

Quote from: Bealman on May 18, 2019, 05:50:47 AM
There was a sausage sizzle at ours  :P
Obviously our electorate has no need to encourage voters to do their civic duty. :angel:
Vote buying at the extreme. :thumbsdown:
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

guest311

is it just me, or does anyone else feel it's pure bad manners to ignore PMs ?

I was always trained that e-mails/PMs should be read and at least acknowledged at the start of each shift, or as they arrived during a shift.

so to log on, read various threads, and later log off without responding in any way to a PM sent a couple of days ago is acceptable now ?

:censored:

sorry, but more likely to result in any offers of help being withdrawn and further contact severed  >:D

it takes a couple of seconds to read a PM and reply

'sorry, very busy, will get back to you'

or am I expecting too much in this day and age ?

mark100

Quote from: class37025 on May 18, 2019, 12:30:46 PM

I was always trained that e-mails/PMs should be read and at least acknowledged at the start of each shift, or as they arrived during a shift.

so to log on, read various threads, and later log off without responding in any way to a PM sent a couple of days ago is acceptable now ?

sorry, but more likely to result in any offers of help being withdrawn and further contact severed  >:D

I removed Facebook instant messenger off my mobile phone as I found it to intrusive on my own private life. people messaging me in the early hours just to send some dumb meme. I just respond to them on the main PC when I log on to it.
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

guest311

luckily I don't use faceache, twit features or any of the other 'social media' platforms si I don't have that problem.

if someone wants to contact me they can phone me, e-mail me, or if on this forum, PM me, the reason for my post.

when I log on to the forum, alerts tell me if I have any PMs, so I can then check / read/ reply.

also, I get an alert on my e-mail account if I get a PM on the forum.

my points was, is it too much to expect people, when they log on to the forum, not to  :censored: ignore PMs ?

Newportnobby

Totally agree with you. We've obviously been dragged up proper :)

mark100

Quote from: class37025 on May 18, 2019, 12:55:49 PM
luckily I don't use faceache, twit features or any of the other 'social media' platforms si I don't have that problem.

if someone wants to contact me they can phone me, e-mail me, or if on this forum, PM me, the reason for my post.

when I log on to the forum, alerts tell me if I have any PMs, so I can then check / read/ reply.

also, I get an alert on my e-mail account if I get a PM on the forum.

my points was, is it too much to expect people, when they log on to the forum, not to  :censored: ignore PMs ?
I apologise, it is annoying when you send messages out and get no reply, I have never had a problem on here though, but I have been trying to contact a group who need donations to fund new wheel sets for a preserved loco. posted on the group and sent pm's which have been read and still no reply. so as far as i'm concerned the loco can rust to the rails and I will offer my funding elsewhere.
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

steve836

Quote from: class37025 on May 18, 2019, 12:30:46 PM

Is this a general problem or just one person, if the latter wouldn't a personal message be more appropriate
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

RailGooner

:hmmm: This is my first activity (reading or posting) here since Wednesday evening. But I've been logged in here - on several machines - all the time between then and now.

guest311

I too leave myself logged on all the time, but my point is that where someone is off line, then logs on for a while, then goes off line again, it gets up my nose when they cannot be bothered to at least acknowledge a PM, especially if they are after something, be it a model, info or whatever.

and if they are not responding to PMs, there doesn't seem much point in sending them another PM.

perhaps when they do decide to reply and say, " yes I'll take that class whatever" I should just ignore them.

but I wasn't brought up / trained like that.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations