The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

My Flaming Printer!!!!!!!!

My Lexmark printer wasn't printing any colour, power cycled said printer....Nothing.

Clean the heads.....Nothing!!!!. Deep clean heads....Nothing!!!!

Went onto Lexmark website and followed FAQ's instructions:

Remove colour Cartrdiges and used a damp lint free cloth to encourage ink flow, plenty of ink flow on cloth, replaced cartridges. Fired up printer again, print test page and.............................NOTHING, ZIP, NADA!!!!!

Back to instructions.......Remove and clean Print head, did this cleaned Printhead with Damp cloth now getting colour and black streaks on cloth, excellent!!!!!

Replaced Printhead into printer, power cycle printer, as per instructions.

NOW THE EFFING PRINTER WON'T PRINT AT ALL  >:( >:( >:(

Keeps saying "There is a problem with the printhead" I have taken it out so many times, I'm about ready to chuck the flaming thing through the window.

Oh and Lexmark Telephone Support only work Monday to Friday 9-5:30 AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Neal.

P.S. At least Leicester are beating Doncaster, the only bright part of my day today  ::) ::)

Alex

Hi Neal,

Have you tried cleaning the contacts between the printer and the cartridges. Are the printheads seperate or are they part of the cartridges?

Alex

SymonC

Quote from: Zunnan on April 07, 2012, 02:53:37 PM
Taking it away from for tankers, but sticking to the road a moment....Taxi drivers, not black cabs, I don't and won't use those, but private hire cars.

70mph in a built up area, and the stupid rectal discharge of a driver wonders why I demand he stops, and then threatens ME when I refuse to pay him for risking our lives. The missus has footage on her phone of both his driving and his behaviour afterwards, which is now with the police and the taxi firm. I hope to see him on the dole queue ASAP. This isn't the first time I've had to put up with dangerous driving from muppets with a sticker on the door, round here they're a bloody menace on the roads, but it was by far the worst yet.

Perhaps you shouldn't have shouted "Follow that car!" as you got in  ;)

Calnefoxile

Quote from: alex crawford on April 07, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
Hi Neal,

Have you tried cleaning the contacts between the printer and the cartridges. Are the printheads seperate or are they part of the cartridges?

Alex

Alex,

Yep done that, the Pinthead is a cassette of some sort, that the Cartridges fit into. The Head is part of the cassette.

I've cleaned just about everything I can, but it just doesn't want to work. I'll leave it for now and call Tech Support on Tuesday, it's still under warranty, fortunately.

Cheers

Neal.

AndyGif

Lexmark i haven't got a good word to say about the cost of the consumables  ie ink or toner.
On two occasions now its  worked out cheaper to replace the whole printer with the exact same model rather replace the inks  or toner.
Talk about a throw away society or what.

Kipper

My Lexmark used ink that was so expensive that even Lexmark stopped supplying it (cartridge either No1 or No2, can't remember which now), so I had to buy refills off the web. Finally gave up early this year, with the same symptoms as yours. Binned it and bought a Kodak, just before they went into administration! Same printer is now at half the price I paid.

Zunnan

Quote from: SymonC on April 07, 2012, 05:05:42 PM

Maybe you can find the amusement in doing 70mph in a 30mph area with cars parked on both sides of the road narrowing it so much that only one direction of traffic can flow when the road is occupied, in the middle of the afternoon...during a school half term. I however think it was absolutely disgusting, not only for the safety of me and the missus but also other road users and pedestrians, no amount of jest can excuse what happened. Have a look at THIS ROAD and see if you think it suitable for that kind of speed.
Like a Phoenix from the ashes...morelike a rotten old Dog Bone

SymonC

Quote from: Zunnan on April 07, 2012, 08:02:52 PM
Quote from: SymonC on April 07, 2012, 05:05:42 PM

Maybe you can find the amusement in doing 70mph in a 30mph area with cars parked on both sides of the road narrowing it so much that only one direction of traffic can flow when the road is occupied, in the middle of the afternoon...during a school half term. I however think it was absolutely disgusting, not only for the safety of me and the missus but also other road users and pedestrians, no amount of jest can excuse what happened. Have a look at THIS ROAD and see if you think it suitable for that kind of speed.

I totally agree with you, it was just my attempt at a bit of humour!

tcinbg

Quote from: Jack9465 on April 04, 2012, 07:07:18 PM
They don't list Code 55

Jack,

Although code 55 is not listed, a nice e-mail to PECO asking for the code 55 templates usually gets a positive reply.

Jack

Quote from: tcinbg on April 07, 2012, 09:06:11 PM
They don't list Code 55

Jack,

Although code 55 is not listed, a nice e-mail to PECO asking for the code 55 templates usually gets a positive reply.

Thanks tcinbg, I did actually sent a nice email to PECO and received a reply yesterday (which surprised me as its a Bank Holiday) with all the templates for Code 55.

Like you say - a positive outcome.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

keerout

Quote from: tcinbg on April 07, 2012, 09:06:11 PM
They don't list Code 55

Jack,

I sent two very nice E-mails, from the "contact us" button on their web-site & never an answer.. so I got Rail modeler instead, worked out fine!
Gerard.

Oldman

Not so much angry as slightly annoyed.
Went out to get the last bits of track I needed and still managed to come away short of one bit of flexi track . :(
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EtchedPixels

Gah why can't ethernet hubs just go "plink" like lightbulbs instead of making me spend hours chasing down a mysterious problem with the network.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Just had my Sony Android phone die,touch screen keeps blanking and slide out keyboard dead. It's out of warranty so had to dig out the prehistoric Version 1  Google G1 Android phone (version 1.6).Lost all my  apps and data that were installed, they don't run on the old version. >:(
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

tgv_obsessed

10 years ago or so, I flew Ryan Air to Italy and when we landed the announcer said "for your convenience only the front doors will open". My blood still boils at the idiocy of that statement.

Oh and on a later flight, when they were telling us all about the cost of transfers or mars bars or whatever, even though these people are native english speakers, they didn't pluralise the word Euro. So a coffee was three Euro (or whatever it was) and not Euros.

You XXXXing morons, even toddlers as they are learning to speak shove an s on the end of everything because they've realised that thats how you indicate that there is more than one. That makes me want to headbutt the wall repeatedly, even after all these years.
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations