My era is this cheating?

Started by bbdave, November 21, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

It has cropped up on a few threads the what's your era question now I have been thinking and decided that,
Castle hill is modern situated round a living museum dedicated to keeping the old skills crafts and ways alive where people can visit and see how things used to be done.

Or is that cheating  :angel:

Dave

PostModN66

Hmmmm.......

Is there a big car park full of Ford Focuses, with people in Pak-a-macs and baseball caps wandering around the living museum, whilst talking on their iPhones?  And speed cameras on the roads around?  And a healthy range of graffiti, and numerous health and safety notices...........

When you cheat Dave, you're only cheating yourself!!!!!

All meant totally tongue in cheek........it's your layout!  :D

All the best

Jon   :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

hairygit

No such thing as cheating on your own layout! As you'll be only too aware, we people in Devon do things our own way, and if visitors (real or virtual) don't loike the way we do things, then don't come here, so tell 'em to get orf moi land!  :D
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Newportnobby

Quote from: bbdave on November 21, 2013, 03:57:00 PM
It has cropped up on a few threads the what's your era question now I have been thinking and decided that,
Castle hill is modern situated round a living museum dedicated to keeping the old skills crafts and ways alive where people can visit and see how things used to be done.

Dave

See no reason why it should be cheating, Dave.
Check out the Blist Hill Museum near Telford

EtchedPixels

Quote from: bbdave on November 21, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

Dave

Pah IMHO there is no such thing as cheating - it's your layout do as you wish.

If you want to model a preserved railway (as oppose to play trains) then it's worth doing a bit of research. There are models of preserved railways that are good models of preservation and there are those that are not.

- What would the timetable be like including preparation in the morning and putting stuff away in the evening
- What stock would be present
- What visitor attractions would there be
- How would they link together
- How do you keep the operational and public areas separated for safety
- What operational facilities are needed - coal, water, ashpit, cleaning etc
- what static exhibits you might have

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations