Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmason and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 10, 2019, 09:22:25 PM
Quote from: daffy on October 10, 2019, 01:04:42 PM
Perhaps a geologist in a few million years time will be able to identify the times we are living in today as a distinct dark layer in the sedimentary rock layers, characterised by a high level of lithium, plastic, some traces of other heavy and precious metals, and the stench of long-dead environmental dreams.

Actually I'm sure I saw that episode of Star Trek Voyager not so long ago.

Look on the bright side, there will still be a geologist alive in a few million years time.

JBQFC

i have had a cold for over a week that has set of a Colitis flare
so made an appointment at the doctors this morning  to get some meds for my colitis
doctor gives me a good going over and tells me i have pneumonia and that it may be an infection in my heart so off to A&E i am sent
so after lots of tests and chest x ray i am told my heart is ok but my pneumonia is very bad and to have been signed me of work for two weeks
so a big thank you to east Surry hospital for the great care they gave me this afternoon
but on the up side i may get some modeling while off sick

John

dannyboy

Sorry to hear about the health problems John, but, as you say, time to do a bit of modelling.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Sorry you're crook, John, but the good news is your ticker is OK.

RailGooner

Take it easy and hope you get well soon. :beers:

Pjlons83

99% of my modelling is done in the evening, sometimes quite late depending what I'm doing. I know sometimes I should just stop when I'm tired but you know when you really want to get something done or you're just so far into something you cant stop?.... Well last night in hindsight I shouldn't have even started but I did as I'd got myself all excited about some transfers I want to make. I've done this before and it worked really well so I was determined.

Anyway, it turns out I completely forgot how I did it last time, after a few hours faffing around I finally got them printed on the (expensive) transfer paper after lots of test prints on normal paper and new inks installed.... I then spent ages getting them the right size; measure, cut, offer up, trim, offer up, trim etc... and then onto the plate of water!  :censored: :censored:

Yep. I totally forgot the spray lacquer step so all the ink just turned the little pool water on the plate into a pretty puddle of expensive ink and transfer paper!  :-[ :-[ 
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Skyline2uk

@Pjlons83

We have all been there and if it's any comfort I did the exact same thing (albeit with a couple of tiny numbers) a couple of weeks back.

Annoying as it is, you won't do it again!

Skyline2uk

Papyrus

Quote from: JBQFC on October 31, 2019, 08:00:23 PM
so a big thank you to east Surry hospital for the great care they gave me this afternoon

Hope you feel better soon John @JBQFC . East Surrey used to have a poor reputation, but two of my friends have literally had their lives saved there, so I think you are in good hands.

Happy modelling!

Cheers,

Chris

JBQFC

thank you all for the get well messages still not feeling great but today been doing what i always do when ill watching star wars episodes 4 to 6

Philip.

Caught my first cold in ages, runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache, the lot  :'( can't even blame the kids, they've left home  ;D

dannyboy

Have a hot toddy, (or two) and go to bed with a cold, but happy.   :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

We went to a golden wedding do 3 weeks ago and one of our friends was full of cold. That was a Friday.  By Sunday, my better half was sniffing but I was OK. By Monday, I was sniffing. Just getting over it now.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

If I'm sniffing tomorrow morning after reading your post @Malc , I'll be wondering about a computer virus! :o :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Malc

Quote from: daffy on November 10, 2019, 05:23:40 PM
If I'm sniffing tomorrow morning after reading your post @Malc , I'll be wondering about a computer virus! :o :hmmm:
Should be all right, I think I'm past the contagious stage.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations