So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

And for all the Aussies don't forget to put the bins out. I think it must be something in the VB which makes people act like this. Which one is you George?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I'm the guy in the red helmet  :D

Interesting that they had to put subtitles on for the Poms  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Leon

I'm a little late answering the question. My wife and I have been isolated for three weeks. Our daughter, who lives next door, phones us and fetches our groceries (messages for you Scots). Our son checks in on Whatsapp video. That's the limit to our socialization - except for this forum and an RAF Kirknewton site for alumni of the American occupation of that facility.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

Bealman

I'm keeping occupied writing my magnum opus on Triang Railways (plug, plug)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=48785.0

Graham

so there i am in this time of self isolation having a wonderful time running my railway when the garage roof springs a leek over the layout. As i mentioned on anther thread the goal is to run every piece of  stock, and if any have problems then to fix, and repeat. Will have to get the grandson on the roof to fix on the next dry day, which is now looking like over a week away. So just have to keep emptying the bucket.

Bealman

Weather's sunny and windy here. You going to get rain all next week? Didn't notice that on the telly this morning - mustn't be paying attention.

Graham

looks like we have showers all through next week, and the waterproofing paint needs at least 6hrs to cure before any rain. the garage has a galvanised tin roof which is now almost 50yrs old and starting to show its age. I fixed it all up 10yrs ago but SWMBO wont let me up there any more, hence waiting for the 18yr old grandson.

Bealman

Wise decision by SWMBO. I wouldn't be able to get up there now anyway (only took the moonboot off a week or so ago), but even before then, in my advancing years a fear of heights is gradually creeping in.

Getting old sucks.

TrevL

Quote from: Graham on April 04, 2020, 06:23:28 AM
looks like we have showers all through next week, and the waterproofing paint needs at least 6hrs to cure before any rain. the garage has a galvanised tin roof which is now almost 50yrs old and starting to show its age. I fixed it all up 10yrs ago but SWMBO wont let me up there any more, hence waiting for the 18yr old grandson.

If you can get it "Cromapol" is what you need, you can even apply it in the rain.  Hard work applying it, but worth the effort.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Mr Sprue

A BBQ is definitely going to be on the cards today, its been in isolation all winter!

daffy

My wife and I continue to keep as isolated as possible, only I have been out shopping and the last time was ten days ago.

We are set to have a warm and sunny period of weather here in the UK during what would normally be the Easter holidays.

I implore all people to stick to the restrictions. DO NOT make this isolation worthless by now allowing a bit of sunshine to be an excuse to travel to holiday resorts and attractions, be they by the sea, in our National Parks, our city parks, or wherever folks would normally go to relax in the sun.

These are not normal times.

People are dying.

Don't spread the virus.

STAY AT HOME.

PLEASE.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

The heat isn't due to percolate oop North today (max 12 degrees according to the Beeb) but then 19 tomorrow.
Years ago my Mum had a flyer through her letter box about gas barbecues, and the banner headline (straight up, Guv) was "Why not try gas barbecuing yourself?" :laugh:

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

Quote from: TrevL on April 04, 2020, 09:46:39 AM
Unfortunately, there are still arrogant morons who think the rules don't apply to them!
http://www.deeside.com/tourists-urged-to-keep-out-of-north-wales-but-caravans-have-been-spotted-heading-west-through-deeside/

There's never a Peeler about when you need one. Those wobbly boxes should be stopped and turned back  >:(

Mr Sprue

@TrevL  I make you right, on my journey to Tesco yesterday for necessities, I noticed a family of four who were all over the road trying to ride their pushbikes, me and another driver nearly clipped one of them as she suddenly left the pavement!

What I cant get my head round is why most of us are abiding to the requirements to stay at home, yet it doesn't seem to apply to these idiots who were out for just leisurely ride getting in everybody's way!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations