Getting very frustrated at Dapol failures

Started by Rabbitaway, May 06, 2016, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Having made three attempts at getting into British N gauge since 1995 I gave up, instead choosing Japanese and American N gauge.
Please dont think I am stirring the pot but I got sick to death of new locos wadling around the track, split gears and locos that lasted no time at all, I really like the look of British N gauge and hope the quality has improved since my last attempt, have to say though the British diesels were well and truly as good as US stuff, but my first choice is steam so I felt let down.
I got so unhappy with British N that it drove me to OO gauge, over the past couple of years I built a nice OO layout.
I still consider N gauge as my favourite gauge and have started a new British N layout,this time I will be going freelace/fictitious style, I will be running British rolling stock but my locos will be diesel shunters of my own design built over Kato and Modemo mechanisms, I have two reasons for doing this, first is the cost of new locos, I dont mind paying top money for products so long as the work straight out of the box, second, I like the idea of having something I designed and built myself, as you already know there are loads of different looking small diesels that have worked on private and industrial railways so just about anything is acceptable.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Rabbitaway

Looks like I have started a tread with everybody's else's frustration on N gauge quality

Anyway I will phone DCC Supplies tomorrow (or is it today!) and ask for a free post return label

Maybe this is why DCC Supplies charge such a high P&P to pay for all the returns!

Unlikely that they will test the replacement as the loco was sent direct from Dapol

???

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations