World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottmitchell74

Both teams just want to move one to the Round of 16...lackluster.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

port perran

So.....maybe our first eleven are ok.
Our second string......hmmmmm.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to Tuesday.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Mr Sprue

No point in letting cobwebs form on the players who are not in your first 11  ;)

Bealman

I didn't watch it at the time it was on here, but what I've seen of it this morning confirms what has been said above.

Pretty ordinary.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

I didn't watch the game - was put off by our commentators before the game who suggested that both teams might want to lose as the loser would face an easier set of teams to play in the final 16. I watched the Tunisia-Panama game instead. At least both teams played with passion as they didn't want to finish at the bottom of the group.

Webbo

Newportnobby

Problem is, if England overcome Colombia (and that's not a given) they might fetch up against Sweden, and they tend to be a bogey team for England :worried:

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 29, 2018, 09:07:01 AM
Problem is, if England overcome Colombia (and that's not a given) they might fetch up against Sweden, and they tend to be a bogey team for England :worried:
Then you have to hope that the second Sw... team (the Swiss) wins the match.
But, at least at the club level the British teams have often problems with the Swiss teams...

PS: Sw... team, because in some regions of the world people think that Sweden and Switzerland are the same  :laugh3:

Switzerland - England in the quarters? A nice idea. The place to look that match would be the Irish pub here, where lots of England fans like to watch football. And drink some of that fine cider.
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

weave

Hi Alexander,

Not sure about watching England in an Irish pub anywhere in the World, although I have enough Irish blood in me to talk me way out of any problems :D

I'd rather play the Swiss than the Swedes so lets hope the teams meet later next week.

France v Argentina tomorrow. I think most don't like both but as I model France and have a few friends there, vive La France. I think a lot of people's preconceptions of the French is because they've only been to Paris and everyone in France hates anyone from Paris.

Back to football, I think Croatia are the ones to be scared of.

You never know.

I'm enjoying the whole thing anyhow.

Cheers weave  :beers:

scottmitchell74

Good call, Croatia does look scary. Other scary ones, depending;

Columbia - very fast! Lot's of youthful energy.

Argentina - IF! Messi (and others) is "himself" (which he was closer to last match). This is a "duh" but still bears mentioning.

Belgium - Loaded, stacked, amazing team. Desperate because they're aging.

England - In my opinion, they should run away with the whole thing IF they get their "flow" going. Are they too loaded? Kane and Vardy striking? Seems like an embarrassment of talent.

That Belgium/England match...Tottenham reunion match. Spurs should have finished higher than they did this year.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Great to see the master plan working well today. This afternoon saw the exit of one of the teams I dislike and this evening the other disliked team are a goal down. Can I get 2 out of 2 today? :D

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 30, 2018, 07:11:12 PM
Great to see the master plan working well today. This afternoon saw the exit of one of the teams I dislike and this evening the other disliked team are a goal down. Can I get 2 out of 2 today? :D
As we both have the same "hopes" ... let's hope...  :laugh3:
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Newportnobby

Trouble is part of my plan was for Luis Suarez to bite a chunk out of Ronaldo, for Ronaldo to retaliate and both be sent off. For some reason, I got very good odds at the bookies on that bit of the plan :hmmm:

scottmitchell74

Yes! My wife says I'm' obsessed with Saurez biting people, but it's so odd and I sort of want to see him bite Ronaldo as well, just to see what would happen.

Lawrence

Sings - "Don't cry 4-3 Argentina"

Intercity

This ref has to be the worst in these games

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations