what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose2013

Moose put aside some in-work structure builds to apply some decals...

Here you see the completed decals on the 4-6-2 express passenger locomotive for the Vancouver & Victoria Railway #616, and decals one side each of the Moose Lodge freight car #101 and the Westport Shipping Company's reefer #2001.

Upon reflection, Moose will have to select a light red for the rest of the Moose Lodge freight cars...  :(

GScaleBruce

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Malc

Waiting for some resin chimney pots for my layout. Building an auto reverser for a friend who models 009.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

PGN

I've been planting trees and fences.

Run out of lineside fence, so ordered some more from Peter's spares and waiting for that to arrive.

The right-hand end of the layout is nearing completion now. Still to do:

* finish off the right-hand end
* goods yard
* cattle / end-loading dock siding area
* finish station detail
* station master's house area
* area behind the station on the right-hand board
* a little bit of ground texture at the left-hand end
* hunt scene cameo
* end and backscenes
* fascia boards
* below-baseboard curtain
* layout nameboard and spotlighting

And then ... it will be finished. Feeling quite excited because I have NEVER finished a layout before  :bounce:
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Newportnobby

Quote from: PGN on April 03, 2021, 07:39:55 AM

The right-hand end of the layout is nearing completion now. Still to do:

* end and backscenes

@PGN May I suggest trying to put a curve in or at least trees etc to hide a 90 degree corner in the scenic background

tutenkhamunsleeping

PGN

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 03, 2021, 09:46:21 AMMay I suggest trying to put a curve in or at least trees etc to hide a 90 degree corner in the scenic background

Curves are beyond my (strictly limited) abilities ... but there WILL be trees.
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

KevTheBusDriver

Saturday. 08:00 start. Take 4 Farish buses, dismantle them, spray the bodies with grey primer, paint the top halfs/halves cream, paint bottom bits blue, reassemble. They are not accurate models of West Midlands PTE vehicles in 1975 but they'll do! Photo taken at about 16:00.

Moose2013

Finally finishing this wee coastal transport with its decals.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Moose2013

Quote from: Bealman on April 04, 2021, 12:25:57 AM
That's a nice model.  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, good sir!   It's a slightly modified kit with painting done by Mrs Moose!  :)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Arguing with myself! On the one hand, the sooner I start dismantling Averingcliffe, the sooner I can get started on the new layout. On the other hand, once I start, I am committed.   :(. Think I will have another coffee.  :). Once I pick up the screwdriver and start disconnecting the wiring, nowt will work.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nbodger

Quote from: dannyboy on April 04, 2021, 10:38:44 AM
Arguing with myself! On the one hand, the sooner I start dismantling Averingcliffe, the sooner I can get started on the new layout. On the other hand, once I start, I am committed.   :(. Think I will have another coffee.  :). Once I pick up the screwdriver and start disconnecting the wiring, nowt will work.  :hmmm:

David, @dannyboy

Just use a hammer and soldering iron, can't go wrong  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations