what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Piewalker

I've mostly been wrangling Peco MGR wagon tops to fit onto my Farish MGR wagons... it's going well so far! :thumbsup:

GeeBee

Nothing at all I have been in hospital for a week  :sick2: :sick2:

railsquid

Best wishes for a speedy recovery or whatever is appropriate  :beers:

paulprice

I'm struggling to get the motivation to add headlamps to members of the loco fleet

railsquid

Just imagine what terrible accidents could happen without headlights.

paulprice

Well I have managed to fit as few lamps to some of the fleet, still a lot more to go

talisman56

Spent two hours squinting this afternoon - nothing to do with the sun. End result the Dapol Maunsell Brake 3rds have set numbers applied...

My new Schools 910 'Merchant Taylors'' got a good run-in on the club test-track, and then a run-out with set 470, reduced to 3 coaches for the occasion...

[Excuse the mobile phone-quality images...]
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Caz

Quote from: paulprice on July 19, 2016, 10:30:40 PM
Well I have managed to fit as few lamps to some of the fleet, still a lot more to go

But they don't light up!  must try harder.   :wave:    They do look good Paul, makes an engine look "proper".
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

paulprice

Quote from: Caz on July 20, 2016, 08:22:36 PM
Quote from: paulprice on July 19, 2016, 10:30:40 PM

But they don't light up!  must try harder.   :wave:    They do look good Paul, makes an engine look "proper".

Sorry I will try harder in future :)

paulprice

Well I have decided to add a few more little projects to the workbench  :D One day I may make it easier for myself

:

MinZaPint

Well with my turntable at the front of the board

HandDraulic operation has been installed!

Now to clear the debris, check the wiring on the roundy roundy and join the boards, fit the backscene board and it's on with the scenics  :thumbsup: but for now it's  :beers: time,  cheers  David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Kris

Not managing to do much on the layout, but I am managing to make some progress on a kit or two and a repaint. Currently on the workbench is an O gauge V5 full brake, an n gauge lowmac, and a loco body being repainted to represent Edward the Blue Engine.

The Lowmac needed the holes for the bearings opening out to ensure that the wheels did not push the sides out of true.

paulprice

Its that long since I saw my layout, I'm not even sure if I have one anymore  :'(

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on August 08, 2016, 08:47:10 PM
Its that long since I saw my layout, I'm not even sure if I have one anymore  :'(

Just follow the smell of pachyderm  :poop: and you'll find it.
The Head Heffalump has been complaining about the lack of cleaning being done.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations