what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeMo

Quote from: PostModN66 on July 12, 2015, 09:46:37 AM
What's the model photographed on?  Is it your new layout.......?
Yes! But not quite ready to show off, I fear...

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

paulprice

Quote from: NeMo on July 12, 2015, 10:40:38 AM
Quote from: PostModN66 on July 12, 2015, 09:46:37 AM
What's the model photographed on?  Is it your new layout.......?
Yes! But not quite ready to show off, I fear...

Cheers, NeMo

WE WANT PICS PICS PICS PICS

steve836

:photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign: :photospleasesign:

It doesn't matter if it aint finished we want to have a look!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Sprintex

Obviously it's up to you NeMo, but sometimes showing pictures of a "work in progress" can be very helpful to other members, especially those just starting out ;)

Paul

port perran

I've just performed one of my least liked jobs.......track and point cleaning.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Mirrlees

I am doing nothing   :'(

but

free_debt_man's layout is moving on..................  :bounce:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: NeMo on July 12, 2015, 10:39:23 AM

Having a bedroom window looking over Swindon during the 70s must have been a bittersweet experience indeed! Have you seen a book called "Last Years of the Westerns"? No idea where my copy went, but as I recall it was filled with photos of work-worn 'Westerns' on the mainline as well as partially scrapped ones in the Swindon yard.

Cheers, NeMo

As you say, very sweet until the early mid 1970s and the massed arrival of our wonderful Hydraulics for their death sentences  :'( .
Before that, you could almost smell the paint as they came out of works - great days indeed.  :laugh3:
Nothing like sitting in a nice warm bedroom, spotters book in one hand, binoculars in the other (it was just a bit too far to make out the numbers by eye) and mum bringing regular coffee and sandwiches etc. when it was cold, wet and miserable outside! What a way to go trainspotting. :thumbsup:
And yes, thanks, I do have that book but it's not my favourite one - as you say, it brings back too many (even now) sad memories.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Sprintex

Currently having a go at detailing and weathering my PGA hoppers, and also creating some removable loads for them :)

Paul

NeMo

Well, don't say I didn't warn you...

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=28665.0

Definitely not prime-time ready yet!

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: Sprintex on July 12, 2015, 01:20:52 PM
Obviously it's up to you NeMo, but sometimes showing pictures of a "work in progress" can be very helpful to other members, especially those just starting out ;)

Sprintex

Nowt to be scared of there mate, cracking layout so far  :greatpicturessign:

Paul

NeMo

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on July 12, 2015, 04:00:46 PM
And yes, thanks, I do have that book but it's not my favourite one - as you say, it brings back too many (even now) sad memories.
Do you have this one? "Western Glory (photographs of the Class 52s 1975-1977)" by Chris Chapman. It's excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Glory-photographs-Class-1975-1977/dp/0946184992

Cheers, NeMo

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: NeMo on July 12, 2015, 08:40:06 PM
Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on July 12, 2015, 04:00:46 PM
Do you have this one? "Western Glory (photographs of the Class 52s 1975-1977)" by Chris Chapman. It's excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Glory-photographs-Class-1975-1977/dp/0946184992

Cheers, NeMo

I'm not too sure how to say this without it seeming like bragging, but to save others from asking in the future, I THINK I have everything published on the Hydraulics (all classes) and have THREE complete shelves and one about half full just with books on Westerns, Warships, Hymeks and Class 14s (even a 24 page booklet produced by the D&EG back in 1980) and the early 1970s books from D Bradford Barton.
Thanks for the interest though.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

paulprice

I managed to throw a little more paint on my version of the Titfield Thunberbolt train, there is still lots to do, but first I need to tidy up the red bits, very shaky hands at the moment.

GeeBee

Martini Holt on hold for the next few weeks plus to new locos to run in
Graham

Graham Walters

I've just finished putting down the track for the station and sidings of Chase Hill, now I'm trying to work my way across a river and along the side of a hill !

I didn't leave a lot of space when I put the hill in, so the way gauge is getting a lot of use, when finished it should look good
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77