what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1042 Western Princess

The good news - I finished the Peco engine shed and planted it on the layout - OK, it's 'steam age' but Rule One applies and it is perfect for the 08 station pilot.

The bad news - that point in the loco yard - perfect one minute when you run into the headshunt  :), but not working again seconds later when you run back into the yard  :confused1:!
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Tdm

I am applying my own rule - RuleTDM - That is once you have finished your layout and run trains on it - If you are not entirely happy with it - Change it again.

I decided I wanted a new long passing loop on the Inside Track, and
I also wanted a longer run on the double loop Outside Track with a choice of routes. 

Below therefore I present amended Scarm layouts incorporaring the above.

GScaleBruce

Currently finishing this kit:

Needs some matt varnish... then it can be "planted"...
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

GScaleBruce

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

paulprice

Im currently drowning under all the work I'm making for myself

Finally fished soldering 10 tracks to copperclad strips (10 more to go)
Started to cobble together a british looking breakdown train
Thinking about re-painting some old farish LMS coaches into LNER teak (only 2 lets not go mad)
Need to finish the 2 trays I have created for stock storage

I need more time, I need help.........

D1042 Western Princess

I spent much of the afternoon with my lovely Westerns   :drool: - "High Chapperal", "Gunsmoke", "Bonanza" etc.!   :claphappy:

Sorry, those are the wrong kind of 'Westerns" aren't they  :-[

Actually I have spent some of the afternoon doing that, and some 'just playing trains' and indulging in nonsense - running at a scale 80 - 90mph in a 50 - 60 mph restricted area  :o and that kind of thing.

There are times when even I need to 'break the rules'. :D

But it did have a serious purpose - I was running locos which don't often get an outing (the Brush 4, for example) and felt they needed a light oil and a run out 
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Roy L S

Having a bit of a play. I dug out my Parkwood Clayton Class 17 (dummy chassis) and here's a picture of it and it's train of mineral empties having failed and been rescued by an Ivatt 2MT, now heading south towards Carlisle.

Roy

Caz

Adding the new MPD track and a pilot loco bay to Claywell and discovered that where I want one of the points is totally unaccessible from below to fit a point motor -  :veryangry:

Plan B me thinks - what is plan B though.   :dunce:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

paulprice

Quote from: Roy L S on June 21, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
Having a bit of a play. I dug out my Parkwood Clayton Class 17 (dummy chassis) and here's a picture of it and it's train of mineral empties having failed and been rescued by an Ivatt 2MT, now heading south towards Carlisle.

Roy

Brilliant, more pictures more pictures

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on June 21, 2015, 06:14:23 PM

Plan B me thinks - what is plan B though.   :dunce:

Plan B involves saving more money and then coming over to Blighty for the Bamber Bridge meet up :D

Roy L S

Quote from: paulprice on June 21, 2015, 06:23:01 PM

Hi Paul

Thank you for asking. I am glad you like the layout, more than happy to oblige!

Firstly then, here is Waverley stalwart 60041 "Salmon Trout" heading South on an Edinburgh - Carlisle "Fitted"..

And fellow Waverley regular 61244 "Strang Steel" on a Carlisle bound local, next stop Riccarton Junction..

And finally, Northbound parcels in charge of J39 64841, next stop Hawick..

Roy

paulprice

Quote from: Roy L S on June 21, 2015, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: paulprice on June 21, 2015, 06:23:01 PM

Hi Paul

Thank you for asking. I am glad you like the layout, more than happy to oblige!

Firstly then, here is Waverley stalwart 60041 "Salmon Trout" heading South on an Edinburgh - Carlisle "Fitted"..

And fellow Waverley regular 61244 "Strang Steel" on a Carlisle bound local, next stop Riccarton Junction..

And finally, Northbound parcels in charge of J39 64841, next stop Hawick..

Roy

Roy

Brilliant, I'm very jealous the layout looks fantastic

paulprice

I really should get down to doing some serious modelling, but I keep getting distracted, is there no hope for me, I'm supposed to have al LMS layout.

Roy L S

Quote from: paulprice on June 21, 2015, 08:26:30 PM
I really should get down to doing some serious modelling, but I keep getting distracted, is there no hope for me, I'm supposed to have al LMS layout.

Hi Paul

I have had a look at the pics of Foster Street on your layout thread and in your media folder. I think it is an absolutely brilliant layout, full of atmosphere.

I also think your "Titfield Thunderbolt" here looks absolutely fantastic and even if you say the coach is not spot on the train is instantly recognisable.

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations