what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Have made a start on "Riber " loco. The track was already layed for the diesel depot, but have now installed the turntable and started track laying on the shed roads. I was going to put 4 Metcalfe engine shed kits together to make a 4 track shed capable of holding 8 locos and another 2 road shed for tank engines (a Liddle end model), but am having second thoughts as the Metcalfe kit is in red brick and I'm thinking it should be stone in Derbyshire. Also I think the roof should be a different shape, ie. With vertical faces and slopes going across, if you get my meaning. Does anyone know of a kit that meets this description or must I make from scratch?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

d-a-n

Very little is happening on the office layout due to me having had so much work. I need to give the track a good clean and the office a vacuum before any trains come out, then there's the small matter of replacing a Kato #6 turnout. Once this is done, I can again play trains while tackling the mountain of work I have approaching me!

daveg

A stone version would probably look more in keeping, Steve.

Can't find anything in kit form that may help but perhaps you could use the Metcalfe brick kit and 're-skin' it?

I have emailed Metcalfe in the past asking if they'll be doing the other 'colour' option on a couple of kits but no news, so far.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Covering my cocked up road on Bletchford with some spare rubber underlay. It's all weighed down with tins and other stuff at present but I'll post a pic for your comments in the Bletchford thread tomorrow :worried:

steve836

Quote from: daveg on October 16, 2014, 05:27:37 PM
A stone version would probably look more in keeping, Steve.

Can't find anything in kit form that may help but perhaps you could use the Metcalfe brick kit and 're-skin' it?

I have emailed Metcalfe in the past asking if they'll be doing the other 'colour' option on a couple of kits but no news, so far.

Dave G

Been Googling Derbyshire engine sheds The one at Rowsley (just up the line a bit) looks as if it could have been made from Metcalfe kits, so perhaps it won't look too out of place. With the smaller "Liddle End "stone one for the tanks and a scratch built coaling stage as per the Rowsley one, it shouldn't look bad.

port perran

Repaired the link tracks between Port Perran and Trepol Bay which had become damaged whilst the Chief Engineer (me) had ducked underneath (to save time -famous last words) and got up too quickly thus severing the line and slightly bending a piece of track.
Lesson learned - walk round not duck under !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tdm

After returning to Tenerife and spending the first day back in bed with a bad cold picked up in the U.K., have today been up to my storeroom to do some work on my layout.

Thanks to Malc who sent me (via the U.K.) a Bachmann Controller he no longer had any use for I first of all wired it up, and can now run 3 trains totally independantly (see Pic1).

Although I posted that the Crewe Swapmeet was a big dissappointment, I did manage to find there and acquire a few N gauge items (see Pics 2 & 3), and I placed some of them on my layout this afternoon.

With reference to another recent post I made about me going over the top in terms of the number of locomotives I have bought, you can see for yourself in the last Pic that things are a little busy to say the least.

I have only just returned from my storeroom, so have yet to check any replies to the posts I made late last night when I had had a bit to drink to try and drown out my cold. I will do so shortly.

PS. Just noticed after uploading photos to Photobucket that there is an error in the text on the last picture, my latest locomotive acquisition - the Farish green standard class 5MT is pictured bottom right (not left as I said in the text). The Class 08 shown bottom left is the very 1st N gauge engine I bought, and is still one of my best runners.

johnlambert

Jerry Howlett

Started building the "Suburban station" yes you have guessed it a Scalescenes adaption.

With a little help from my Scottish friend.

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

GeeBee

Martini Holt is at a complete standstill at the moment having spent 2 weeks fighting Arthritis attack Pam is now fighting a very severe chest infection which has resulted in Chest Xrays and now a heart scan as they seem to think that her heart is enlarged, looks like a few weeks of hospital ping pong again

Tank

Very nice work Jerry.  :)

Sorry to hear that Graham.  Hope things improve for you both.

steve836

Jerry Howlett

To GRAHAM,   Wishing you and Pam all the best. 

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

daveg

Just moved house so everything that's been in boxes for months is now in the Right Place, but still in boxes!

Hope to be able to unpack some of the locos bought during the interim and give then a brief run on the old layout.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations