what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Completed loading up the set of 16T opens tonight...

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Caz

Fancy wasting your time filling up rusty old wagons like that.   ;)   Nice bit of weathering though.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

talisman56

Can't claim credit for the weathering,  :no: that's Farish factory distressing...  :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

GeeBee

Running track checks using 6 locos and lots of coaches and wagons just to make sure that the plan does work probably needs at least another 10 to 20 hours of testing just to make sure of course.  :-[  :-[

Caz

Finally the replacement consignment of reed switches have arrived from China after the original shipment went astray but it is far to hot here at the mo to even contemplate work so I'm lying on the beach with a nice ice cold drink working out in my mind where I am going to place them to help with my auto uncoupling. 

My God, life is really hard once you've retired.         
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

My word Caz, it's a hard life you are leading. I suspect you must be made of stern stuff to put up with all that lolling around on the beach. It can't be easy. :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

richardatme

Planing with SCARM. Changing my mind and re drawing. Then deciding to increase the size of the board to 4ft6in x 3ft (as per suggestions). So start again. Think I have it now. And when my internet connection lets me (Tried twice. Now the forum thinks I'm a bot. And photobucket no help) I will upload the plan for your comments, suggestions and don't do it's  ???

Richard
To Many Interests Not Enough Time
............I just beaver away............

Sprintex

Nothing as it's all packed away ready for moving (again!) in a month's time  :'(

Paul

willintas

Just installing some overhead illumination for the Micro,

NeMo

Quote from: willintas on August 24, 2014, 09:36:44 PM

Can we see some more of this layout? It looks great! Reminds me of 'Camelot Halt', a circular layout from the early 80s.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

daveg

Quote from: Sprintex on August 24, 2014, 08:01:50 PM
Nothing as it's all packed away ready for moving (again!) in a month's time  :'(

Paul

Snap!  :(  :(

Dave G

railsquid

Discovering that Tomix appears to have quite an extensive range of concrete viaduct supports, which would allow me to add some high-level lines much more effectively than Kato does.

willintas

Quote from: NeMo on August 24, 2014, 09:45:44 PM
Quote from: willintas on August 24, 2014, 09:36:44 PM

Can we see some more of this layout? It looks great! Reminds me of 'Camelot Halt', a circular layout from the early 80s.

Cheers, NeMo
Placed some pics in Layout construction thread mate.

Komata

Only 'cos you asked...

Upgrading Six-Mile Bush, my NZN-Freelance exhibition layout, to get it ready for its next outings (4-5 October).

(Must post some pics...)

As I said, only 'cos you asked.  Thanks.

BTW: Willintas: Is your 'micro' based on 'Littleton Curve'?
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

willintas

Quote from: Komata on August 25, 2014, 07:57:52 PM
Only 'cos you asked...

Upgrading Six-Mile Bush, my NZN-Freelance exhibition layout, to get it ready for its next outings (4-5 October).

(Must post some pics...)

As I said, only 'cos you asked.  Thanks.

BTW: Willintas: Is your 'micro' based on 'Littleton Curve'?
Well yes it is inspired by littleton curve,it was part of a micro challenge that had to be no more that 4sq feet,i wanted a waterfall and a deep cutting and since littleton is my favourite i really wanted to catch some of the atmosphere that Brant hickman did.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations