Dropbox and any of my vids therein

Started by Newportnobby, September 06, 2019, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Dropbox have got round to sending me an ultimatum stating unless I pay a monthly fee for them hosting pics  & vids they will 'grey out' any of my vids as from Monday 9th Sept.
Should anyone come across a link in a post of mine which doesn't work please let me know by PM and I'll get it sorted via Flickr who are still doing free hosting. Not only that they base it on the number of items hosted and not the size of them.
I am trying to get into Dropbox to delete my stuff but can't at present >:(

crewearpley40

Ouch. There are a couple mick ive seen. Black 5 hellifield, and britannia on saphos coaches leyland maybe in photos and videos section.

Britannia on The Fellsman at Leyland 17.7.19 needs saving mick !!!!!

Newportnobby

fret ye not. They're all on a memory stick anyway so I'd just need to upload anything to Flickr and then post a link from there.
Now then, where did I put that memory stick.................................................? :-[

Chetcombe

I am not a big Dropbox fan - they seem to operate a 'bait and switch' model. What starts out as free soon switches to a fee and then (on the business side at least) every user needs to pay to share the 'same' folders.

Unfortunately most of my clients use Dropbox, so I have to pay more and more just  to share all the gigabytes their folders gobble up ???
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations