Weathering And Ballasting gallery

Started by dutchkev, November 18, 2013, 09:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dutchkev

Is there a thread where I can see a quick photo of various members track with there ballast & paint brand of choice so I can decide which I like best ? And if not, why not ??
:thankyousign: in advance for making my life easier. :NGaugersRule:

Kev.
Kev.

pgm2008

Hi Kev - I would certainly be interested in such a page / thread - Richard

scotsoft

The problem with photographs of other members ballasting is they are not all taken under the same conditions, so what appears in the photograph may not represent the true shades.

I posted a few photographs of some of my Union Pacific stock showing how the colour can vary when taken in different lighting conditions.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=8850.msg94459#msg94459

cheers John.

Rabs

True, but even bad photos are better than nothing.

Sprintex

Quote from: dutchkev on November 18, 2013, 09:40:15 AM
Is there a thread where I can see a quick photo of various members track with there ballast & paint brand of choice so I can decide which I like best ? And if not, why not ??

The obvious answer to this is "because neither you or anyone else has started such a thread" ;)

You could try asking in the relevant section (Track, Points & Underlay) and see how many replies you get, or you could try looking through the layout threads where a lot of people have probably already stated what they used, or if they haven't you could ask them if you like the look of a particular picture :)

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations