Kernow Model Rail Centre open new shop

Started by Philip., March 09, 2019, 11:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

RailGooner

Quote from: Philipp on March 09, 2019, 11:46:47 AM
good to see someone opening, rather than closing  :thumbsup:

Agreed. Good luck to 'em. :thumbsup:  Lucky old Guildford.

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

RailGooner

There are three Greggs in Guildford, so Kernow might do best to stay focused on the trains. :D

Now if they'd picked Oxford, they'd only be competing with one Greggs, so they could've more easily expanded into cider and pasties.

Roy L S

If only Oxford.....

I can't believe that between Oxford, Bicester, Banbury and surrounds there isn't the customer base for a single model railway shop (and no disrespect to Howes but they don't really qualify these days in my opinion).

True, we have AGR Model Railway Store in Leighton Buzzard, and that really is a great well run shop, but Anthony effectively covers all of the MK/Aylesbury area too.

Roy

njee20

Gregg's for pasties (or anything)?! BURN THE HEATHEN!

There's a West Cornwall Pasty Company, mind, and their pasties are excellent. I once dropped one on the floor of the gents toilets by the urinals at Reading station. Couldn't decide whether to eat it after that... but that's another story.

Very excited about Kernow, as a relatively frequent visitor to Guildford I'll be sure to pop in!

dannyboy

I wish they would open a shop in southern Northern Ireland, or northern Southern Ireland. Or any one else for that matter. You lot don't know how lucky you are!  ;) :). I know I have the internet, but I miss seeing the stuff 'in the flesh'.  :( :(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

njee20

FWIW I can't remember the last time I bought anything significant from a shop, and I've got a massive retailer just down the road.

daffy

Quote from: Roy L S on March 09, 2019, 02:17:23 PM
If only Oxford.....

I can't believe that between Oxford, Bicester, Banbury and surrounds there isn't the customer base for a single model railway shop (and no disrespect to Howes but they don't really qualify these days in my opinion).

True, we have AGR Model Railway Store in Leighton Buzzard, and that really is a great well run shop, but Anthony effectively covers all of the MK/Aylesbury area too.

Roy

Have you tried A&H Models in Brackley, Roy? Excellent stock and service. Good website too.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Roy L S

Quote from: daffy on March 09, 2019, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on March 09, 2019, 02:17:23 PM
If only Oxford.....

Roy

Have you tried A&H Models in Brackley, Roy? Excellent stock and service. Good website too.

Hi Daffy

Yes I have as he is the closest to me.

His Farish stock is diminishing and doesn't seem to have been replenished in the time I have been going there, but he does have a great variety of continental stock which I think (along with his DCC work) is his major focus. He did say he was unlikely to stock Peco points again (just plain track) as he could not compete with the likes of Track Shack on price meaning that they sold too slowly.

A really nice guy, but not a major stockist of British N so of limited interest to me.

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations