Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

ASsociated DAiries Sainsburys?

dannyboy

SAinsburys asDA

The 'bosses' would not even consider a merger if it would not make them more profit!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

Quote from: The Q on February 22, 2019, 12:32:22 PM

I have fond memories of the early 1990s in Berlin, where a local strenuous-activity-related clothing company with the name "American Sports Shop" plastered its logo consisting of its abbreviated name prominently over the side of the building it was located in.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: railsquid on February 23, 2019, 03:11:34 PM
Quote from: The Q on February 22, 2019, 12:32:22 PM

I have fond memories of the early 1990s in Berlin, where a local strenuous-activity-related clothing company with the name "American Sports Shop" plastered its logo consisting of its abbreviated name prominently over the side of the building it was located in.

Logos on hip pockets as well I assume  :D

dannyboy

Quote from: railsquid on February 23, 2019, 03:11:34 PM

the side of the building it was located in.

Would that have been the back side?  :-X
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

When I lived in Hong Kong this building was known ans "The Building of 1000 A** H***es"  Probably as it was the headquarters of the HK Tax authority.  :D

railsquid

Getting back on topic, I am happy that I live in Tokyo and am able to access a wide range of Assy parts for my N scale trains.

daffy

Two and a half happy hours spent in A&E yesterday.
After exercise on Friday I did I My infrequent heart rate check by the traditional method, and discovered to my dismay that out of 70 beats in a minute I could only count about 60 of them. Lots of 'missing' beats in worrying pauses.
Obviously as I had never experienced this before I rather panicked at first, and repeated the testing over the next hour, with much the same results.
Call 111, get advise to go to A&E, but wait 20 minutes for call from A&E assessment team. Nice doctor called James talks me through, and suggests I leave my visit until Saturday morning - it was then 11pm and a visit to A&E on a Friday night is never a cheerful prospect and fraught with long delays.
Time for a near sleepless night despite James's confident assertions that I need not worry.
Off to A&E, time for an ECG and blood tests and another nice doctor called Omar, who equally confidently tells me all is well with my heart and blood, and that these 'ectopic' heartbeats are very common and nothing to worry about in my case as my heart is functioning just fine.

So, I'm happy - if a little anxious still as I get my head around feeling those 'missing beats' when I check my pulse - and cutting down on caffeine and a few other minor lifestyle changes to see if they will eventually decrease.

Not all heart conditions are bad heart conditions. :no:

Phew! :)

Off now to Newark to the local Railway Modelling exhibition at the Showground, with a glad, and happy heart. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Glad it ended with a happy outcome Daffy.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

RailGooner

Obviously not a nice experience for you Daffy, but a happy outcome. :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Good to hear all is well, Mike, and that the great folks at the NHS are looking after you.

Snowwolflair

There is medical evidence that we have a finite number of heartbeats in our lives, so faster/more heart beats shorter lives.

Possibly your body is saving up the missing beats to let you live a little longer  :D

Newportnobby

In that case I'm doomed, Mr. Mainwaring, I'm doomed. :worried:
Guess I'll never see that class 23 from DJM :dighole:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 24, 2019, 03:39:15 PM
In that case I'm doomed, Mr. Mainwaring, I'm doomed. :worried:
Guess I'll never see that class 23 from DJM :dighole:

Will any of us   :-X    :D

daffy

Thanks all. :thumbsup:

I've done some calculations and can confidently  :worried: predict that at current resting heart rate I will now live until I'm 104. This is unless I die of any one of 17,265 (approx) other conditions or causes in the meantime. :D

Photos from the Lincoln Model Railway Exhibition I've just returned from will be posted later. May be poor quality I'm afraid as my phone camera is pretty naff.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations