Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Glad to hear that things are improving for you and your Dad.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Hallelujah, brethren. A day good enough to do a full wash and get it out on the washing line rather than it being draped over racks, radiators etc :D
Also took the Kawasaki out to get some go-go juice and put another dozen miles on the clock (and, no, that doesn't mean I've done a total of 13 miles on it :P) Forecast looks like a few more miles can be done in the next 3-4 days :)

Bob Tidbury

Mick if you feel up to it in the summer you can bring your bike down and spend a day or two down the shed and Val would love a ride on the back of your bike she used to have a Honda  250 and before that a Jawa 350 and sidecar she used to take the kids to school in it .
Bob Tidbury

port perran

Lovely day down here too. Not  cold, blue skies and daffodils everywhere (our village looks lovely with daffs in full bloom along all the verges).
We took Bertie out for a spin this morning. At 47 years old he only goes out in good weather!
(Those who don't know Bertie.........see my avatar).
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daffy

Beautiful,day in Lincolnshire too, so my pedal-powered two wheeler got its second outing of the week, and Met Office rumour suggests it'll be rolling down the lanes for a few days to come.

Bulbs are blooming, buds are opening, and ladybirds are beginning to fill the garden. It's been a long time since we had a major ladybird glut, but I have a feeling it could happen this year.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

joe cassidy

Bangers & mash for dinner tonight, with baked beans, followed by rhubarb crumble.

Yum,yum.

Thank heavens for Marks & Spencer !

Best regards,

Joe de Paris

guest311

soon to be SainsAsda ?  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Quote from: daffy on February 21, 2019, 04:44:59 PM
Beautiful,day in Lincolnshire too, so my pedal-powered two wheeler got its second outing of the week, and Met Office rumour suggests it'll be rolling down the lanes for a few days to come.

Bulbs are blooming, buds are opening, and ladybirds are beginning to fill the garden. It's been a long time since we had a major ladybird glut, but I have a feeling it could happen this year.

shades of '76 ?

Newportnobby

Great to see Mr. Tony Foulds got his flypast this morning to commemorate the self sacrifice of 10 U.S. airmen in WW2. Full story is here..................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-47323045

I hope this was also broadcast on American networks. Maybe someone could confirm that please?

Train Waiting

That's a very moving story, Mick.

Thank you very much for posting the link.

All the best.

John

Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bob Tidbury

I have just watched the program and a thought came into my head ,Tony Foulds has been looking after the memorial all these years wouldn't it be a fitting tribute to him when he passes away to have his ashes buried next to the memorial and a plaque put up for him as he has looked after the memorial all these years .It was a shame that the Newscaster Dan Walker couldn't have been with Tony as he was the main instigator of arranging the fly past .
But what an amazing story I've followed this from the first meeting that Dan had with Tony and some more interesting things came out from the relatives that were interviewed .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 22, 2019, 09:43:02 AM
Tony Foulds has been looking after the memorial all these years wouldn't it be a fitting tribute to him when he passes away to have his ashes buried next to the memorial and a plaque put up for him as he has looked after the memorial all these years .
Bob Tidbury

Tony did say his ashes were going to be scattered around the memorial but you're quite right, Bob. A plaque should (and I'm sure will be) be placed there

daffy

Many thanks for posting that link Mick. The full 3 and a half minute footage of the flypasts on BBC's Twitter account is very moving.

Lest we forget.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

talisman56

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Fardap

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 22, 2019, 09:57:12 AM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 22, 2019, 09:43:02 AM
Tony Foulds has been looking after the memorial all these years wouldn't it be a fitting tribute to him when he passes away to have his ashes buried next to the memorial and a plaque put up for him as he has looked after the memorial all these years .
Bob Tidbury

Tony did say his ashes were going to be scattered around the memorial but you're quite right, Bob. A plaque should (and I'm sure will be) be placed there

And maybe an MBE/OBE or something of recognition from the country - plenty of people do a lot less worthy things and get them...

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations