what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

longbridge

Currently spraying 3 locos into a different livery and making eight Timber American style Tunnel Mouths out of balsa, must say I am having a ball :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Donkey

Well I have got all of my wires soldered to the frogs, fitted the microswitches and re-laid the points. Will wait for daylight tomorrow before going under the board to connect various wires. So now I am, back to playing trains  ;D. Jinty is merrily hauling 6 mk1's while EE3 (class 37) is making light work of a 20 wagon freight. Happy days lol

Marty

4x2

wiring up point motors.....boring......  :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

At least i've got somthing to look forward to tomorrow.... i get to drive my company's Routemaster !  ;D
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Donkey

Jammy  devil 4x2! I am prepared to swop places for the day if you twist my arm  :smiley-laughing:

Marty

Alex

Quote from: oldrailbug on April 18, 2012, 08:25:39 AM
Currently spraying 3 locos into a different livery and making eight Timber American style Tunnel Mouths out of balsa, must say I am having a ball :thumbsup:

Hi Dave,

Can you post a short 'How to...' on the balsa tunnel mouths?

Alex :wave:

Pengi

Just covering an exterior building base with indian sandstone (printed onto labels). Will probably also make a path too
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

4x2

Quote from: Donkey on April 19, 2012, 09:31:26 PM
Jammy  devil 4x2! I am prepared to swop places for the day if you twist my arm  :smiley-laughing:

Marty
No chance !  :P  :evil: I haven't driven it since glastonbury last year ! Don't be too upset though- i'm only taking it a few miles so i won't really have much time to enjoy it - honest !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

EtchedPixels

Adjusting some extra fiddle yard siding bits and testing the tracklaying with the 'worst case' stock (the Dapol container wagons)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Fratton

planning the scenes for the background raised area on the back of my layout, so far it involves scalescenes terraced houses and corner shop, and im thinking a car dealership, and a factory or industrial estate at one end,,,
Charlie.

Jerry Howlett

Cutting out the pits for the engine shed and as its a grey cold day giving up and returning to the warmth of the dining room to continue building the Smart -models shed. Its driving me mad so I may be buying the scalescenes one tomorrow.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

tadpole

Still running through Salisbury's timetable, tweaking as required. Up to 1655 now, and timetable rev4.

It took me until 1638 to notice that trains from Westbury were arriving 3 minutes after the London train had left, leaving a 42 minute wait for the next EMU. Now fixed, and great connections are now made with fast Exeters both up and down every two hours, so my diminutive passengers will be delighted.
Two rails good. Three better.

barkfast

planning on embedding the Ratio retaining wall into the scenery with yet more plaster :)

Lawrence

I have actually 100% completed both my layouts in a week, so I have decided to rip them all up and start again so I just have the bare boards down now, honest  ::)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on April 20, 2012, 12:44:42 PM
I have actually 100% completed both my layouts in a week, so I have decided to rip them all up and start again so I just have the bare boards down now, honest  ::)

The earth is flat, and the moon is made of cheese ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations