what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BudgieJane

I thought the only reason for decorating a whole house at once was to make it easier to sell at a higher price. She's not keeping anything secret from you, I hope.
Best wishes

Jane

CarriageShed

Quote from: ParkeNd on March 01, 2014, 02:00:53 AM
Bad?? You must have run over a bus queue of nuns.

The correct etiquette for decorating the whole house is to spread the work over 10 years.

The trouble is that the previous owner painted every single wall in pink. I can't live with that for ten years! I've also found out that it's hard to decorate without getting some paint on the carpet (or is that just me?), so decorating comes before carpets comes before layout (which will sit on top of the new carpet). If that's not going to make me get the job done then nothing is!

Quote from: BudgieJane on March 01, 2014, 10:30:04 AM
I thought the only reason for decorating a whole house at once was to make it easier to sell at a higher price. She's not keeping anything secret from you, I hope.

She? Who she?  :confused1:

Bealman

Have you tried putting old sheets down on the carpet, Pete?  ;)

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

johnlambert

Glad I'm not the only one who is decorating at the moment.  A while back I decided the bathroom needed a coat of paint; it finally feels like the end is in sight.  The only problem is that now I've started I've got to do the rest of my flat, thank goodness it is only small!

Of course, while the paint is drying I can do a few bits and pieces on my layout :D

texhorse

Pete and John :  You are not the only ones decorating right now.  I am stripping nursery wallpaper off the walls of the back bedroom, so that I can redecorate it, and move my layout from the shed up into the bedroom.  Almost all the paper is off now - probably 80%.  Then I'll wipe down the walls, and get a nice calming shade of blue paint, for the layout room.

One thing :  Why is it that once I'd got planning permission off the authorities (the wife) to move the layout in there, she drops it on me that perhaps we should keep it as a spare room after all in case we have anyone to stay....

:doh:  :no:

Andy

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

port perran

[/quote]

Only just finished wiring mine, and I made the mistake of doing it after the baseboard had been put in place which has given me a sore back and creaked neck, and there are wires everywhere and tracing which one is at fault when a point motor doesn't work is a nightmare.

Having said that it is now so satisfying to operate points with a switch from the control area than doing it manually - so yes - it will be worth it in the end.
[/quote]

That does all sound familiar. I'm trying to electrify my points with all track ballasted and scenery in place !! I am getting there and looking forward to when it all works ! And yes, I know what you mean re back and neck aches !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scotsoft

Quote from: texhorse on March 01, 2014, 04:05:57 PM
Pete and John :  You are not the only ones decorating right now.  I am stripping nursery wallpaper off the walls of the back bedroom, so that I can redecorate it, and move my layout from the shed up into the bedroom.  Almost all the paper is off now - probably 80%.  Then I'll wipe down the walls, and get a nice calming shade of blue paint, for the layout room.

One thing :  Why is it that once I'd got planning permission off the authorities (the wife) to move the layout in there, she drops it on me that perhaps we should keep it as a spare room after all in case we have anyone to stay....

Andy

Andy, just produce a B&B Tariff on your computer and pin it to the bedroom layout room door.  Make sure the charges are horrific, that way it will be too expensive for people to stay  :D

cheers John.

ParkeNd

Was supposed to be planting trees on the layout - 25 of them. They were despatched from Amazon tuesday but have still not arrived.

Queried it this morning via Amazon "Where's my Stuff" service. Got a reply. The trees were definitely despatched Tuesday - from CHINA !!

EtchedPixels

SWMBO is away for the weekend so I'm using the house as a woodworking shop making the rest of the fiddle yard baseboards for Snow Hill.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 01, 2014, 05:23:52 PM
SWMBO is away for the weekend so I'm using the house as a woodworking shop making the rest of the fiddle yard baseboards for Snow Hill.

Hope she doesn't come back early, Alan :worried:

Quote from: scotsoft on March 01, 2014, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: texhorse on March 01, 2014, 04:05:57 PM

Andy

Andy, just produce a B&B Tariff on your computer and pin it to the bedroom layout room door.  Make sure the charges are horrific, that way it will be too expensive for people to stay  :D

cheers John.

Better still - no calming blue but railway graffiti all over the walls. That should do the trick >:D

Tdm

Still awaiting another couple of small parcels from the U.K. containing some track and Lineside accessories, but in the meantime spent this last week doing what you see in the video. Took photos today of what I have been doing and uploaded them to YouTube using Picasa. Click on the Link to view - only lasts a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbZ43juYoE

Caz

Coming on nicely Terry, lots of lovely stock to look at looks like the track laying gang will be busy again soon.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on March 01, 2014, 05:56:09 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 01, 2014, 05:23:52 PM

Hope she doesn't come back early, Alan :worried:

Should have plenty of warning. First board kit of parts now done, second board main timbers cut to length. Need to get another length of timber on Monday to finish the framing for it. Also there are a couple of bits that need doing with mallet and chisel which I'll skip till tomorrow. Loud hammering at 11pm isn't going to be popular!

All hoovered up just in case  :angel:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

silverfox

I've been playing around with 117mm radius unitrack curves.........testing for another project!

It's remarkable what will happily run round such a tight bend..........my 33 and 26 ran with no problems :goggleeyes:, then the short stuff 03,04, plus of course my old faithful 08 and J94

Happy days :claphappy:

scotsoft

Quote from: silverfox on March 01, 2014, 11:00:40 PM
I've been playing around with 117mm radius unitrack curves.........testing for another project!

It's remarkable what will happily run round such a tight bend..........my 33 and 26 ran with no problems :goggleeyes:, then the short stuff 03,04, plus of course my old faithful 08 and J94

Happy days :claphappy:

They are great for a small oval, suitably decorated, going round the television at Christmas  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations