what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Yep, me too. Get things running first before scenic treatment.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on February 18, 2014, 08:33:36 AM

Why can't I get past the 'get things running' bit? ::) :-[

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on February 18, 2014, 11:31:35 AM
Quote from: Bealman on February 18, 2014, 08:33:36 AM

Stop enjoying yourself and get on with it!! :D 

Anyway, 'coz I'm nosy, it's about time we had an update from you, Mick. :wave:

Dave G

tutenkhamunsleeping

There is no "past the 'get things running' bit".  It's just nefarious propaganda from the likes of Woodland Scenics! ;)

GeeBee

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on February 18, 2014, 12:22:24 PM

There is no "past the 'get things running' bit".  It's just nefarious propaganda from the likes of Woodland Scenics! ;)

I agree it's much more fun running trains

4x2

Just finished the scariest thing ever.... weathering a £100 loco !  :jawdropping:

My dapol 22 needed to loose the shine, and I've been putting it off for ages, but tonight with the help of a beer or two I think it came out alright...

So folks, what you think ?

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Caz

Revolting, far too dirty for me to touch.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

CarriageShed

It looks absolutely fantastic. It almost makes me regret the fact that I'm modelling an era when locos were generally much cleaner.

ParkeNd

Scratch building a shop. Ran out of doors!!!!

d-a-n

I've built a Peco 10ft Butterley wagon kit which I've fitted an NEM pocket to to head my 16t scrap train with. I've also built a scrap load for it, all it needs to do now is hard dry and be (partially) painted and weathered tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to disguise where the TOPs code is with rust and then do some 16t wagon coal loads too.

texhorse

I stopped the pure torture of running trains to fit two DCC decoders this evening!

:laugh:

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Tdm

Well I thought I was fairly happy with my layout and just needed to add a few bits & pieces and improve the scenery, but having one of my points suddenly stop working properly, on removing & inspecting it I decided to dismantle more of the track, and am now redesigning a fair section of it.
I would do it just after I had completed an order to Hattons, and now find I want more straights, curves, and crossovers.

Is it just me that likes to change things after a short while, I doubt whether I will ever be fully satisfied with my layout. My working space is limited, so I can't increase the size of my layout, just swap things round a bit, but at least it stops me getting bored with it.

Top pic below is how it was this morning, and below it a pic of how I envisage changing it.
On bottom pic have removed rolling stock positions and covered main station, most of the changes are to the track at the top of each pic.
PS. I know on the AnyRail drawing some of the track doesn't line up exactly, but it does in reality.

Caz

One idea is that is it were possible to provide a link (top left hand corner) between the track that runs between S2 and S3 and the out circuit it would enable out and back running to and from the country station.  ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Tdm

Quote from: whiteswan on February 20, 2014, 09:23:59 AM
One idea is that is it were possible to provide a link (top left hand corner) between the track that runs between S2 and S3 and the out circuit it would enable out and back running to and from the country station.  ;)

The Link is already there, unless I have misinterpreted what you are saying.

A train leaves the Country Station Siding (S2), runs 1st anti-clockwise and ends up at points D & C which when set to the straight ahead position (by a single switch CD) runs through point G  and can either be reversed into Siding S1 (where there is another station) or continue round with point A set to curve to a position just before point C waiting for it to be set to it's normal curve position.

Alternatively if point A is set to straight ahead the train can continue round on the outside track and enter the short Siding controlled by point M1, or reverse into the Siding controlled by point M2. M3 is only long enough for an engine on it's own (can't make it longer as there is a station support just behind the buffer.

Sorry if the above explanation is a bit confusing, maybe I can video the operation later when I have my missing track installed. Nice of you to take an interest, but I will probably think of some other changes to make in the future.

Regards 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations