what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neonoodle

Im currently trying to lay a anyrail template onto a base board but keep getting a face full of cat!

Neil

Thorpe Parva

Painting trackwork with Revell Rust colour enamel. Will stop shortly as I prefer doing this in natural light. Am also watching the Football text commentary on the BBC website.

Trev

Quote from: Neonoodle on March 17, 2013, 04:15:00 PM
Im currently trying to lay a anyrail template onto a base board but keep getting a face full of cat!

Neil

Put a shoe box or something similar size near you and the cat will normally try to get in it. Problem solved, you can carry on with your plans  :)
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

E Pinniger

Painting the train shed roof (scratchbuilt) for the main station on my layout - it's taken a while to get to this stage, but this half of the layout is finally starting to look like a railway rather than an expanse of bare plywood and half-finished unpainted plastic buildings.

Also attempting to get an old kitbuilt Class 104 DMU into a presentable state (not an easy task!)

longbridge

Putting lots of bushes on my layout, I find it easier to submerge Woodlands scenic bushes in white glue and put them in position rather than put glue where they have to go then try and put the bushes in place.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

petercharlesfagg

Teaching myself to solder fishplates as I continue to lay track!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Phil Hendry

Quote from: longbridge on March 27, 2013, 07:56:06 PM
Putting lots of bushes on my layout, I find it easier to submerge Woodlands scenic bushes in white glue and put them in position rather than put glue where they have to go then try and put the bushes in place.
That's what I do too!  They're much more robust that way too - less apt to 'shed' bits of sponge around the layout, with the attendant danger of getting into mechanisms.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

tadpole

Two rails good. Three better.

scotsoft

Quote from: Trev on March 27, 2013, 05:58:27 PM
Quote from: Neonoodle on March 17, 2013, 04:15:00 PM

Neil

Put a shoe box or something similar size near you and the cat will normally try to get in it. Problem solved, you can carry on with your plans  :)

I used to love watching my cats getting into a small box then walking round in circles before settling into what looked like a very unconfortable position but they were in and it was theirs.

cheers John.

Sprintex

Still adding varying shades of 'turf' in different areas, and today I made my bug-zapper-based static grass applicator, haven't tried it out yet though  ;)

Paul

mr magnolia

Very slowly chipping away at the exciting move of layout from bedroom to luxury shed. Its in now, just leaving me the head scratcher of how to dump a load of stuff out the shed without the childer causing a hooha...
I need to make room for tools and proper modelling stuff!

longbridge

Just about to finish building six card kits for my Cofton Hackett layout.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

d-a-n

Supposed to be editing a selection of photographs for putting on my website and sorting an example album from them. Instead, I find myself messing around with long exposures on my old Canon 40D mess-about camera.

[smg id=4523]

Greybeema

Just used the realtimetrains web site to build my timetable..
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations