The Weather Forecast

Started by jpendle, May 19, 2022, 05:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpendle

Here in sunny Northern Colorado spring has sprung.

It's been around 30 Celsius all week, the weeds grass is growing and the trees are blooming.

It's going to rain tomorrow and on Saturday there's an 80% chance of snow  :goggleeyes: and it will be between 0 and 6 Celsius  :(

SWMBO will be running round trying to wrap all the shrubs in blankets, not sure what she'll do with the trees though!

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

chrism

Quote from: jpendle on May 19, 2022, 05:57:24 PM
SWMBO will be running round trying to wrap all the shrubs in blankets, not sure what she'll do with the trees though!

Extra-big blankets?

;)

honestjudge

Shame they ain't Fur trees!

Newportnobby

I recall going to a 'Post TT' motorcycle race in June at Mallory Park and it snowed then, but we'd had a smashing week in the Isle of Man :confused1:

emjaybee

Yikes!

Do what I do, I check all the weather apps on my phone (six, don't ask!), and then choose the one I want the weather to be like, 'cos they're never the same as the other forecasts.

Simples! Although fairly useless in reality.

:hmmm:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Yeah, the forecasts on my phone never match reality either.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 19, 2022, 09:27:40 PM
I recall going to a 'Post TT' motorcycle race in June at Mallory Park and it snowed then, but we'd had a smashing week in the Isle of Man :confused1:

When I did my DoE Gold expedition in the Lakes one easter in the early eighties, it was so hot that the assessors relaxed the "you must carry everything, including all food, etc." rule and allowed us to buy milk en route.

A few months later I met someone who'd gone wild camping in the same area a week later - and awoke one morning to find snow almost up to the tent ridgepole.

Tonye

We were in Douglas I.O.M. waiting for the start of the TT , the sun was out and felt really warm. A announcement over the tannoy - racing is suspended - hailstorms at GlenHellen which actually destroyed a woman`s newly layed garden. Got sunburnt up the Snaefell mountain while it was teeming in Douglas .
What an Island!.

Tony..
Tony .H

emjaybee

Quote from: chrism on May 20, 2022, 06:11:56 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on May 19, 2022, 09:27:40 PM

When I did my DoE Gold expedition in the Lakes one easter in the early eighties, it was so hot that the assessors relaxed the "you must carry everything, including all food, etc." rule and allowed us to buy milk en route.

A few months later I met someone who'd gone wild camping in the same area a week later - and awoke one morning to find snow almost up to the tent ridgepole.

I did my Gold DoE in the Peak District. Over the five day period we had 1.5" of snow going up the side of Mam Tor, were down to 'T' shirts by the time we descended, pea-soup fog to the point of having to do walking bearings using each other as markers at limit of sight, rain, mist, hail and I got a sunburnt nose.

Happy days!  :smiley-laughing:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

The Q

I remember the snow in may June here in Norfolk, the RAF wouldn't turn the heating on as there hadn't been 10 days of below a certain temperature .

The forecast for Sunday is a 6-10mph South Westerly, max temperature 20C, 11:31 low tide at Horning. Just right for a down river race to a pub. Have lunch, then race back.

Malc

I remember working on the British Grand Prix at Silverstone one year in the 70s and just as the racing finished, it snowed quite heavily.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

I've visited Far North Queensland and the Barrier Reef four times in my time here.

And guess wot?

It never snowed during any of 'em!  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations