New Gaugemaster Commissions - GWR Castle HST Set and more...

Started by NGS-PO, February 11, 2020, 02:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

njee20

To copy what I said on FB...

Shame the NMT only has 2 coaches, and only as part of the book set. They could do far worse than have two TGSs, two RFBs and a TSO painted up, blanking our the appropriate windows on one of the RFBs with some printing.

Newportnobby

Assuming they'll be shoved up the infamous Dapol 'pipeline' (and I make no excuses for the expression) where will they go in relation to the class 73's, re-runs of the Westerns and Bulleid light pacifics? Is this another case of announce something and make everyone wait?

Bob G

I'm still waiting for the prototype HST 41001 + 41002 plus new early Mark 3 coaches.
Now that will be worth waiting for.

These are thankfully out of my era - though I do want some early 73s, Mr Gaugemaster :)

Bob

robert shrives

This looks an interesting development, I had asked after twin pack to celebrate HST changes and about new coaches so for me this is a win especially with further GWR power cars.A good choice as well. 
I have asked a friend  about doing a 3D print sliding door vehicle that can use the Dapol parts stripped of other s/H coaches the GW colours easy to paint and transfers available. The XC version with its 4 colour coaches will be fun but a labour of love as would a Scotrail one..

Timing well the pipe line is quite big and I suspect has a distribution manifold to each factory !! but given recent issues in China I would look forward to the chance to save pennies.   

bluedepot

well done gaugemaster nice to see some special commissioned models in n gauge

tim

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on February 11, 2020, 05:24:01 PM
I'm still waiting for the prototype HST 41001 + 41002 plus new early Mark 3 coaches.
Now that will be worth waiting for.

These are thankfully out of my era - though I do want some early 73s, Mr Gaugemaster :)

Bob

@Bob G
According to the Rails of Sheffield newsletter the above items are due Sept 2020 so d'you reckon it's safe to assume other stuff announced before these will actually appear, or has someone put those rose tinted spectacles on my face again?

Doc Pye

I read this too fast and only saw the 'Castle' part and got all excited, thinking we will have another steam loco...  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

GrahamB

Well the 73's were announced August 2018 for delivery in January 2019 so they're already a year late with no revised date.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Steven B

I wonder if we'll ever see anyone commission 73001 and/or 73006 in Mersey Rail colours?

Steven B.

GrahamB

Quote from: Steven B on February 12, 2020, 12:08:19 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see anyone commission 73001 and/or 73006 in Mersey Rail colours?

Steven B.
I don't think commissioning them is an issue. As regards when said commission would be delivered........................
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Sven

While they're at it, can Dapol please make another Mk3 HST GWR green First class coach? We need one more on top of the one released.
Coreless 12V mini motors at tramfabriek.nl

joe cassidy

Foxhound

Quote from: Doc Pye on February 12, 2020, 11:44:21 AM
I read this too fast and only saw the 'Castle' part and got all excited, thinking we will have another steam loco...  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Speaking as a diesel boy I must admit I would be tempted if that had been true....

Interestingly, to make up a  full 4 coach set, you need to spend another £58, taking the cost to just shy of £280, some £100 more than another well-known box-shifter is selling Kato's 5 car GWR 800 for. Such a shame that Kato haven't looked at HST and thought about releasing one....
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Chris Morris

One has to wonder whether the models will arrive before or after the real ones have gone.  I was really keen to have one of these but, now the real ones are on the way out, i'm not so keen. Think I will wait for a Dapol cross country voyager......
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations