What are your plans for New Years'?

Started by texhorse, December 30, 2018, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

I went to bed reading OS Nock's  Highland Railway. By 10:15 I was asleep,  I awoke 04:15 having successfully missed it all..

njee20

Had a curry and opened a lovely 2008 vintage champagne from the "cave au garage", then went to bed about 10.

My 2 year old woke at 11 (very unusually) and alternated between wanting me and mrs njee20 for 20 minutes. I then went to sleep on his floor as it was easier than standing to attention beside his cot. Woke up at 5 and slunk back to bed before getting up with him at 6. Rock... and... roll.

Never did enjoy NYE. Every rubbish pub suddenly rammed and charging £20 entry.

Newportnobby

The  :censored: idiots round here obviously didn't know when midnight was as fireworks were going off sporadically from about 16.30 onwards. I lay reading in bed from 10.30ish until all hell broke loose outside at midnight, calmed the cat and then drifted off about ½ an hour later. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol all night so am quite awake this morning. The cat has found a new 2019 way of waking me up which comprises sitting on the pillow next to my head and then inserting his tail directly into my lughole - and he's extremely accurate!

Bealman

Good morning, Mick, and welcome to 2019!

Same stuff here... local trail bike hoons couldn't decide what time it was either.

But they were probably going too fast to check the time doing wheelies on local streets

At least it drowned out the fireworks  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

Happy New Year to everyone.
We went to the cinema on New Year's Eve to watch Holmes & Watson which was quite funny and entertaining.
We then had a bite to eat at home and a few drinks (including a couple of glasses of bubbly which I always regret) before sloping off to bed at about 12.30.
A quiet night outside but there were some pretty big firework displays over Falmouth and The Roseland which we can see in the distance.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

joe cassidy

I am not normally a fan of NYE but I am feeling happy because my 2 sons agreed to celebrate it with my girlfriend and I and all went well.

The fireworks here in Paris were not a patch on those in Sydney - your tax money was well spent George  :).

Question for Squiddy - was that stargazy pie I saw among your photos of traditional Japanese New Year food ?

Happy New Year to all.

Joe

Intercity

Went to bed at 10pm, got up at 11:45 as the dog decided she wanted to go out, back to bed then up at 2:20 to go to work, it's just another day......

port perran

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 01, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
I am not normally a fan of NYE but I am feeling happy because my 2 sons agreed to celebrate it with my girlfriend and I and all went well.

The fireworks here in Paris were not a patch on those in Sydney - your tax money was well spent George  :).

Question for Squiddy - was that stargazy pie I saw among your photos of traditional Japanese New Year food ?

Happy New Year to all.

Joe
Ha......you beat me to it with that question about Stargazy Pie. A Newlyn delicacy.

railsquid

Unfortunately I have no idea what Stargazy Pie is - any clues?

port perran

railsquid

Quote from: port perran on January 01, 2019, 01:20:32 PM
Quote from: railsquid on January 01, 2019, 12:56:17 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargazy_pie

Oh, then it was just vertically-orientated small fish, no pie involved (rare thing in Japan, is pie).

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on January 01, 2019, 01:44:56 PM

Oh, then it was just vertically-orientated small fish, no pie involved (rare thing in Japan, is pie).

Common as muck at school, Squiddy. I seem to recall it was 3.142 when used in 2pieR and pieR squared

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

scotsoft

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 01, 2019, 05:33:49 PM
Quote from: railsquid on January 01, 2019, 01:44:56 PM

Common as muck at school, Squiddy. I seem to recall it was 3.142 when used in 2pieR and pieR squared

An excellent response Mick  :claphappy:

Platy767

I can't speak for pi, but here are some other numbers I've had to put up with the past few days. It's been too hot to even attempt to go to the "shed"...and it was in the 30s again today (Wednesday).

Happy New Year to everyone.
May all your kits fit together perfectly and all your trains stay "on track".
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations