inspiration

Started by polo2k, December 05, 2012, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo2k

Hi Tank et al

I have just posted in a thread with the phrase, "when I get the motivation up"

Could we have some way of "reporting" a post/pic to the admin team with a simple sentance. These could then go into a pool, and post approval they could display as a banner. I realise that this may take up revenue generating pixels, however if members are more motivated, we will use more shuff, so there would be more sales oppertunities for them :D
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Pengi

Just so I understand . . .

Do you mean that if you see a picture on the forum that you like or a hint or tip that would be useful, you could report it to the Mods and then it would appear on a sort of 'newsreel' along with similar items?
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tank

If you go into the media section you can already rate individual pictures by clicking on the stars.  Is this what you mean?

You can see the Statistics of the highest voted pictures here:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=stats

Lawrence

May I make a suggestion that I have seen work well on other forums  :D

Does the software allow for a second column down the left hand side, similar to the ads on the right, where thumbnails could be placed with a built in hyperlink to the particular thread on the forum.  I realise this would make the thread text box, headers, thread titles etc a bit smaller, and you may have to scroll down a bit more, but it might work if the software allows

Illori

it can be done but i dont think the size decrease would make it worth while, also it would mean someone would have to keep it updated with content or it would stay with the same content all the time.

longbridge

:doh: :doh: :doh: fair go folks the Arthritis in my right index finger is already killing me from using the scroll wheel on my mouse from running up and down the list, keep it simple hey  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:sorrysign:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Quote from: Illori on December 05, 2012, 07:03:33 PM
it can be done but i dont think the size decrease would make it worth while, also it would mean someone would have to keep it updated with content or it would stay with the same content all the time.

Have a look at  http://yourmodelrailway.net/ don't see a great difference to be honest, as for updating it we have an Admin, tech support and several moderators, surely something could be arranged.
All of this assumes that Tank considers this a worthwhile addition to the forum and if enough members would use the facility.  Perhaps a trial period to see what members think?

Quote from: oldrailbug on December 05, 2012, 07:15:57 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: fair go folks the Arthritis in my right index finger is already killing me from using the scroll wheel on my mouse from running up and down the list, keep it simple hey  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:sorrysign:
You can change the number of lines your mouse will scroll in the mouse settings Dave, I have mine set to 7 and that seems suitable for most forums  :thumbsup:

Illori

there is already one person that said they are on dial up, there could be more. adding something like that would make the forum load very slowly for them.

also to use the mods we have now, i dont think tank would want all the moderators to have access to the mod to add that just so we can have it updated often. that would also require some html coding to show correctly and i dont think all the moderators would have the knowledge to know how to fill it in correctly, if they did not they could break the whole forum layout until someone can edit it, which may be in the database.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations