Hornby Arnold Brighton Belle

Started by Paul-H, October 09, 2018, 10:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Hi  :help:

Can anyone offer tips as to how best to set up the 5 car set. I've looked for a video but nothing found.

It may be just my ageing eyes and twitchy fingers but I can't seem to get the micro 'plugs and sockets' to line up.

The plan is that the set would stay pretty much permanently on the layout in a storage siding.

Thanks in advance.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Is this the one you need, Dave?

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on December 07, 2019, 01:27:55 PM
Hornby posted this video showing their recommended method

https://youtu.be/W4EuVYKa-2A

NGM
@daveg

Bob Tidbury

I found it easier to actually lay the coaches upside down on the track to couple them ,BUT be carefull or you might knock the roof boards off Don't ask me how I know .
Bob Tidbury

daveg

I'm a tad concerned that with a 5 car set, turning them over to put them on the track is going to be a real challenge.

I've thought about making up a cassette of sorts but then it's how to I get them onto the layout without some sort of disaster.

The layout doesn't give itself to an easy option. Old track plan version shown here but in the main pretty much the same. The long straights at the back are not accessible for this purpose.

Bet there's an answer somewhere so suggestions welcomed.

Dave G

joe cassidy

I like the track plan Dave.

Can you reach the back of the layout OK ?

I'm 5' 6" by the way.

Best regards,

Joe

guest311

Quote from: daveg on December 09, 2019, 11:01:59 AM
I'm a tad concerned that with a 5 car set, turning them over to put them on the track is going to be a real challenge.

I've thought about making up a cassette of sorts but then it's how to I get them onto the layout without some sort of disaster.

The layout doesn't give itself to an easy option. Old track plan version shown here but in the main pretty much the same. The long straights at the back are not accessible for this purpose.

Bet there's an answer somewhere so suggestions welcomed.

Dave G

may be a silly suggestion, but would it be feasible to point a point just as the far right track enters the tunnel, with a track to the edge of the board ?
this could become a link to your cassette ?

daveg

Thanks guys.

Joe, I'm about the same height and use a step-up thingy to reach the back of the layout. As mentioned, where the straightest track is, it's against the wall so not suiting a cassette operation. The grey area on the plan is the operating space.

Nice thought re adding an extra point and this has given the brain cell a nudge. Not near the tunnel due to scenic stuff there but perhaps at the front where there just may be space to add a level crossing to nowhere. Just behind the camera in this shot.

It needs to be where I could set up the quite long cassette without any interference. I shall think on that a bit more.

Please keep suggestions coming!

Dave G

Papyrus

guest311

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations