Your Browser does not support JavaScript

Started by Paul-H, October 03, 2018, 04:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Hi all

Been using Chrome for years on the forum but today I keep getting a Your Browser does not support JavaScript error message

Anyone else getting this

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Buffin

I use chrome and I'm fine. Has something happened to your Settings?

The three dots menu, then Settings / Advanced / Content Settings / Javascript (should say enabled)

twinklekev

I use Firefox and I'm getting the same message. Had a quick dig into google and it would appear that Firefox is no longer supporting Javascript.

Kev,

Paul-H

Just checked and JavaScript is enabled

Just checked on my Tablet, also running Chrome and the Forum is not showing correctly on that either.

Interestingly on the PC when it displays the message if I try to re load the site I get a popup warning and if I allow that popup the forum is displayed as the popup.

Something very odd going on
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

MJKERR

Which version is installed?
What type of device is being used?

If this on an Apple device, on 01 October there was an update which may have caused this (overrides browser in use)
Therefore, did the device update to iOS 12?

It took me nearly two hours yesterday to amend some of the settings after iOS 12 was installed, and I still cannot find where one of the settings is to remove Do Not Disturb notifications that are displayed (but that is a different issue)

Gyppy101

I use a Mac and updated to Mojave.  There has been no trouble with loading this website or any program requiring Java.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Gyppy101 on October 03, 2018, 05:42:41 PM
I use a Mac and updated to Mojave.  There has been no trouble with loading this website or any program requiring Java.

Javascript is not Java.  It is a scripting language with a java-ish syntax.

To be honest, with the wide usage of javascript on web pages it would be a bad move not to support it in a browser.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Paul-H

I use a Windows 10 PC and an Android Tablet

The tablet is now behaving itself, will have to check the PC tomorrow as I am out an about at the moment.

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations