Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delboy

Quote from: Delboy on April 21, 2020, 11:55:03 AM
@dannyboy , why don't you organize a trip to the bathroom in loo of the rebate you are about to receive. :D
I would say "I'll get my coat" but for the fact that is better than your daily groaners.
:P

Quote from: dannyboy on April 21, 2020, 12:10:21 PM
@Delboy No point in getting your coat - you can't go anywhere. ;)

Touche.  :no:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

railsquid

Meanwhile in Japan, I cancelled a subscription to something I can't use if I'm physically stuck at home, thought nothing more of it, then got an email from the company saying they'll provide a pro-rata refund for the period following the official Declaration of a State of Emergency, which won't be much but will cover most of a Japanese N gauge locomotive  8)

EtchedPixels

@railsquid how different to the UK where people are still being billed for everything from university accomadation they got kicked out of to gyms that are closed.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Young Bulla

Funny how international events can affect your job. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum I lost my job several months ago, something to do with uncertainty over leaving the European union. Today I received a phone call inviting me to start work, albeit temporarily manufacturing ventilators and other types of medical breathing apparatus.
Roll on Friday morning induction!

stevewalker

Congratulations on the new job, however I hope it doesn't last long - I'm sure you'll understand.

dannyboy

In reply #4463 I mentioned that I was to get a tax rebate. This morning, less than 72 hours after initially filling in the form, every penny has been paid into my bank account  :claphappy:. Well done Revenue.ie  :thumbsup:. Roll on the lifting of restrictions so I, (okay 'we'), can spend some of it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Excellent!

Happy days to you both.  :thumbsup:

Now, what loco and rolling stock does Louisa want?  >:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

emjaybee

Quote from: dannyboy on April 23, 2020, 09:33:49 AM
In reply #4463 I mentioned that I was to get a tax rebate. This morning, less than 72 hours after initially filling in the form, every penny has been paid into my bank account  :claphappy:. Well done Revenue.ie  :thumbsup:. Roll on the lifting of restrictions so I, (okay 'we'), can spend some of it.

Good on you, feel free to spend it wisely...

...perchance a better joke book?

:hmmm:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

steve836

Quote from: emjaybee on April 23, 2020, 12:18:26 PM

Whats wrong with the one he's got? Gives me a chuckle.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

emjaybee

Quote from: steve836 on April 23, 2020, 12:22:21 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on April 23, 2020, 12:18:26 PM

Whats wrong with the one he's got? Gives me a chuckle.

What's wrong?

What's wrong?

:veryangry:

:headbutt:
Brookline build thread:

steve836

Thought that would get someone going :laughabovepost: :P
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

themadhippy

Really should be classed as pee myself laughing ,although it did also make me happy. Placed an order for some electrickery bits, end of last week,free P+P via royal mail ,parcel arrived yesterday but missing  of  1 item ,contacted the company,no problem we'll send a replacement,got woken up just after 8 (that  should  be logged in the unhappy thread)   this morning by ups with the missing item, item cost £2.15, total order cost £16.37.Cost to company for ups before 9am shipping? £21.99 plus vat. Now thats what i call  excellent customer service
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

sounds a great company to deal with.

give them credit, we like to name and shame, but we also need to name and praise  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations