Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

thanks for update anyway! i have paid for 2 upfront so patiently awaiting them!

monkey_brains

Quote from: bluedepot on November 23, 2019, 02:42:21 PM

Similar story for me - still I'd rather they were right than rushed
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

LASteve

Quote from: monkey_brains on November 23, 2019, 07:21:48 PM

Do you think it would be prudent for me to pre-order? I've got a funny feeling that the price is going to go up when they are actually released ...

RailGooner

Quote from: LASteve on November 23, 2019, 07:54:42 PM

Do you think it would be prudent for me to pre-order? I've got a funny feeling that the price is going to go up when they are actually released ...

They can still legally raise the price and ask you pay the difference.

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on November 23, 2019, 09:23:46 PM

They can still legally raise the price and ask you pay the difference.

I think it's been too long for the price to remain as was. Usually you get a mail along the lines of "the price is now expected to be £***. Should this not be acceptable please cancel your order"

GrahamB

I have two on order but I've not paid a penny.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

monkey_brains

I've got that feeling too - they are very good value at sub £100 from most retailers
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

LASteve

Quote from: monkey_brains on November 24, 2019, 11:37:08 AM
I've got that feeling too - they are very good value at sub £100 from most retailers
Rails owe you a commission :) Order placed. I fully expect it in the mail tomorrow  :no:

bluedepot

i ordered mine from colletts (i think it was) for a competitive price but paid in full

tim

GrahamB

Quote from: bluedepot on November 25, 2019, 10:40:42 AM
i ordered mine from colletts (i think it was) for a competitive price but paid in full

tim
I've ordered mine from Colletts but I won't be invoiced until he knows they are on their way.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

bluedepot

maybe it was another shop then! crazy isnt it but i cant remember. i had better check in my emails!

NGS-PO

Quote from: bluedepot on November 25, 2019, 01:05:09 PM
maybe it was another shop then! crazy isnt it but i cant remember. i had better check in my emails!

Collet's offer the option of paying up front, in instalments, or prior to despatch.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Upperton

I was in the shop this morning and asked if there was any progress in an approximate date when they would know what month or year this new batch of 73s might be released. I was pointed in the direction of the shop manager, who replied with his own question "how long's a piece of string?".

Lovely  :-\ ???

Newportnobby

We no doubt have to wait for this to be put in the Dapol production pipeline so more a case of 'How long is a pipeline?' I have a green one on pre order but am not holding my breath :no:

GrahamB

Having just taken delivery of one of the latest Dapol 33's, I'm wondering if part of the delay is that they are re engineering the chassis to take Next 18 sockets? The new 33's chassis is very different to the old one. Given how poor the DCC ready 73 chassis was compared to the old "non ready" chassis, it might, sort of, justify the wait.
Tonbridge MRC Member.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations