Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

@Newportnobby

I don't think they can do that if they have taken your credit card details.  Although the transaction does not deduct any money from your account at the time of placing your order, it is still classified as a sale and at the original purchase price.

Some years back I bought the Southern class 73's from GM and they took forever to come through also, in fact in the time period I was issued a new credit card so they had to ask for the new number, still sold to me for the original price.

Newportnobby

@Mr Sprue
Dave - things take so long to come through after announcement that it must be almost impossible to hold any price and, in fact, I would not expect them to. If you look at the link to Rails they offer a price guarantee but that is only to the effect they will offer between a 15-25% discount on full RRP.
I will be pleasantly surprised if the price remains as stated, but will be paying via credit vouchers (not that they know that at the moment) :)

daveg

It was a fair while back now and times have changed but have to say that GM did a great job and held the original order price dated March 2015 despite a humungous wait for delivery in Feb 2017.

May be worth asking the question if not already done so.

Good luck.

Dave G

Mr Sprue

Quote from: daveg on May 13, 2020, 04:58:36 PM
It was a fair while back now and times have changed but have to say that GM did a great job and held the original order price dated March 2015 despite a humungous wait for delivery in Feb 2017.

May be worth asking the question if not already done so.

Good luck.

Dave G

Yes in 2015 I placed an order with them for DAGM234 Class 73's and two years later then Walla! They eventually sent me the invoice for the original purchase price.....which may I add promptly paid. :)

RailGooner

Hattons via email:

Gaugemaster have advised that their new batch of Class 73s in N gauge, produced in partnership with Dapol, have now entered the evaluation stage. Below you can take a look at the pre-production painted bodyshell samples. Seven new variations are to be available,with liveries covering the lifespan of these unusual locomotives. We expect these models to arrive in stock by November/ December 2020.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=860&utm_campaign=mar-0691-gaugemastercollectionclass73samples&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJpZ29vbmVyQGdteC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJKR1FlWGgifQ%3D%3D

Bob G

Yes but they still cant post the right picture of E6039 !!!
Nice to see another in Banger Blue for once.

ntpntpntp

I'm surprised the market can stand so many models of the 73 being produced over the years, I thought after they first came out there was a glut of unsold models? Have they now become a classic and folk have to have as many different examples as possible?

As a model I do like them actually, quite compact and with clean lines.  As many on here will know already, European N is my thing but I confess to having 4 of the original chassis 73s (acquired as part of a job lot of non-runners for £10, all now restored to health) plus a CJM Royal Alex  :D

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on September 01, 2018, 06:12:02 PM

Due January 2019! Next year! :claphappy:

Looks like Dapol have had a Leap Year i.e. we'll leap 2019 and most of 2020.
That 'pipeline' must be of an extremely small bore ::)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Looking forward to these, anything electric makes me sit up and pay attention :drool:

I had one of the original releases way back (quite possibly the first 'modern' N loco I bought?) but was never impressed by the very purple shade of NSE blue, so it went on ebay in the end.

I'm not pre-ordering any of the new ones, I'm waiting to see which liveries I find acceptable this time around 8)

Steven B

Are there many liveries that have yet to be done? All I can think of is Mersey Rail.

Steven B.

Bob G

Quote from: Steven B on July 30, 2020, 11:27:30 AM
Are there many liveries that have yet to be done? All I can think of is Mersey Rail.

Steven B.

There are umpteen different versions of Inter City - and both that have been done (Woking Homes by Dapol AND Broadlands by Gaugemaster) were technically wrong and you couldn't sit each together as they looked so different side by side!

Mr Sprue

Sorry I just cant let this go, so had to post to keep this thread active!

Does anyone have any further updates or has the can been kicked further down the road again?  ::)

Newportnobby

I asked the same question on the Dapol 'Digest' forum about a week ago but, needless to say, there's been no response ::)

Stuart7358

I asked Gaugemaster yesterday and received the following;

'I apologise that the date has been pushed back, we are currently looking at the end of the year for delivery.'

This seems to tie in with the comment above regarding November/December delivery.

Stuart

Newportnobby

It's not as if it's a new model. Re-liveried is all. Seems like the Westerns for Cheltenham Model Centre and Osborns may have been pushed in before it and they're only re-liveries too.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations