My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Back at the bus stop.

Bit of a change from a cool Hobart yesterday morning. It's been 40 degrees at the take a dive bus stop today  ;)

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ch4lkst3r

Quote from: Bealman on March 12, 2024, 12:53:17 AMYeah, we also stayed a few doors down the road. Hope you didn't stay at the same joint - Portsea Place apartments... very small and very overpriced.  :thumbsdown:

No it wasn't!  We stayed at Battery Point Boutique Apartments (or something like that) right next to Arthur Circus

Bealman

Oh yeah, I saw them. How were they, ok?

Bealman

Nights setting in earlier this time of year at Chez Bealman.

crewearpley40

Must be soon time for clocks change too. Sunday 31 March in uk

Graham

the following weekend for us (at least in Victoria)

Newportnobby

Soon it will be dark enough for Bealman to dive off the bus without being recognised as "The Bus Diver" :D

Ch4lkst3r

Quote from: Bealman on March 12, 2024, 09:11:00 PMOh yeah, I saw them. How were they, ok?

They were fine for us.  Had parking (although only 3 spaces for 4 apartments but never an issue).  A little kitchen although we ate out apart from breakfast.  Nice big lounge area and 2 bedrooms.  1 single and 1 double with a nice comfy big bed

Bealman

Is that them on the left in this photo? Used to be a pub back in 1985

Ch4lkst3r

It's next door to what used to be the pub

Bealman

Just a quick Tasmanian epilogue, this is the Lenna, a nice hotel I first stayed at in 1985 with my late father-in-law and a pregnant Mrs B. It's on the road from Arthur Circus to Salamanca Place.

Here's another cruise ship in Hobart, taken from just outside that hotel. That's the Tasman Bridge in the background, which lost a span when a freighter hit it in Christmas 1974. The ship sank and a couple of cars plunged off the bridge, one left hanging precariously off the edge.

Newportnobby

Those cruise ships are ugly monstrosities these days. A far cry from the ocean liners of the past :(

Bealman

I call this mob the bowling tragics. They're out there every afternoon. Half of them are half tanked  ;D

Nice sky, though.

Bealman

One more Tasmania entry.

My favourite restaurant in Hobart, nay, Tasmania, the Indian restaurant in Battery Point.

Ch4lkst3r

Had a little visit there too!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations