Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I rang work this morning to ask if I could do the late shift as my little boy wasn't well last night, and I had little sleep.  My boss said that's fine.  11am and I get a phonecall to say don't worry about coming in and to have a great Christmas. ;D ;D ;D

Lawrence

B******, even though the rest of the base is shut, the senior sim instructor insisted we come in and do some testing, needless to say he has sat at his desk playing on his Ipad   >:(

Tank

And you're playing on the forum!!!   :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

While posting an angry one in the Happy thread. Dearie me. ::) :smiley-laughing:

Tank

cookiescrumble

Just got a phone call from South West Trains offering me a job as a Gateline Assisstant!  :thumbsup: Didn't get the Guards job but at least I have my foot in the door now! Have a medical on the 18th January so hoping to get started soon after that.

Newportnobby

Quote from: cookiescrumble on December 23, 2011, 12:27:54 PM
Just got a phone call from South West Trains offering me a job as a Gateline Assisstant!  :thumbsup: Didn't get the Guards job but at least I have my foot in the door now! Have a medical on the 18th January so hoping to get started soon after that.

Well done, that man :thumbsup: Keep us posted on how you get on. Fingers crossed :)

Lawrence

Quote from: cookiescrumble on December 23, 2011, 12:27:54 PM

Great news mate - have a very happy Christmas  :thumbsup:

MinZaPint

Wasn't having a bad day, decided to walk up to the "Rub a Dub" got me coat on and it started hissing down, thought I'd play trains while I waited and postie arrived with this!

Cracked a bottle of Xmas stock and gave it a test run, its a little beauty even comes with its own loco crew and slow running? it makes me look as if I'm moving fast! Happy Boy or what! (Ixion Manor, for those not used to proper locomotives!)

Congrats to Cookie, good news on the job front at this time of year is most welcome.
Cheers and lots of  :beers:  :beers:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Looks a really nice steamer :thumbsup: How does the green compare to the Dapol tank behind it (just in case the camera has 'lied')?

longbridge

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2011, 11:16:45 AM
I rang work this morning to ask if I could do the late shift as my little boy wasn't well last night, and I had little sleep.  My boss said that's fine.  11am and I get a phonecall to say don't worry about coming in and to have a great Christmas. ;D ;D ;D

That would have put a smile on your face Chris, hope the little chap is feeling better.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on December 23, 2011, 06:43:54 PM
Looks a really nice steamer :thumbsup: How does the green compare to the Dapol tank behind it (just in case the camera has 'lied')?

Its pretty close but as you've probabely noticed the Prairee is BR lined, not really my era but I wanted one. If I win the respray in the raffle I'll see what Chris can do with it.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Lawrence

Quote from: MinZaPint on December 23, 2011, 08:44:24 PM
If I win the respray in the raffle I'll see what Chris can do with it.

Good luck with the respray mate

Guys & Gals - Don't forget the raffles ticket sales close at 12:30 on the 31st

cookiescrumble

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:. Turned out to be a great early Xmas present! I've spent the last 8 years working for ASDA so felt like time to move on  ;D

And a merry Xmas to everyone on the great forum!

Tank

Glad you're out of retail.  Awful sector to work in!

I was lucky enough to bag a brand new Dapol Class 73 in Mainline livery for £35 yesterday, including delivery.  I've been after one for ages.  :) :thumbsup:  Now I really must behave and save up my money. :'(

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations