What Camera Do You Use?

Started by guest2, April 04, 2011, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

It's not a question of who has the best camera, but an interest in knowing what cameras we all use.  :camera:  I know there are a few of us with super duper DSLR's....but not everyone feels the need to have one.  So what have you got? ???

:NGaugeForum:

cupoftea

Being possibly the worst photographer in the realm i use a cheapo fujifilm digital.

michael

ive a nikon d40, i did a course at college and the tutor advised i got a nikon as "thats what the press use" and the d40 was the cheepest nikon!

findus

I use my iphone 3gs most of the time but if im a good boy the trainee wife lets me use her cannon 1000D SLR  ;D

cloughie

kodak z740
I got cups for using a SLR but that was a rifle ::)
cloughie
am I there yet

Tank

SLR...they were used in the Crimea weren't they?! ;) :D

Lawrence

Many, many years ago I started off with an Olympus OM10 with a manual adapter, I had 4 or 5 lenses (inc a 500mm mirror), flash guns, light meters, various tripods, extension rings and filters, my bag weighed a ton  :(

I used to do my own B&W developing and printing and did a few commission pieces, glamour stuff, sports, still life.  My battle was always trying to get the lighting effects I wanted, but the best part of it for me was in the darkroom, dodging & burning, that is where my work came alive, such a wonderfully tactile experience.

Following years of back problems though all that stuff had to go, I have recently bought a little 12Mp Samsung with lots of good manual functions on it, it's smaller than a packet of cigarettes, and the macro is really terrific, I used it for the through the window & room shots in the Sawanoya Ryokan thread.

m1racleman

I'm currentlt using a Canon EOS 500 but I'm thinking of chopping it in for the something with a higher resolution. I do a lot of wildlife photography and need a hefty zoom and very clear focus as a lot of the subjects can only be photographed from a fair distance or they will run away and hide again !

cloughie

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2011, 10:14:41 AM
SLR...they were used in the Crimea weren't they?! ;) :D
I have said it before and I will say it again
I cannot stand cheeky kids :P

cloughie
am I there yet

zwilnik

I use my iPhone 4 camera for quick snaps and a Sanyo Xacti 8MP HD Video camera for better shots (it's a dual video/photo camera). The Xacti's great, especially for video. I need to practice with lighting and using a tripod more for stills shots though as I don't have particularly still hands.

Oh, and I fired an SLR back in about 1983 when I was in the ATC.

cloughie

[/quote]

see tank theres at least two of us, and before tank say`s anything zwilnik it was 1983 a.d. and not b.c. that you fired one
am I there yet

zwilnik

Quote from: cloughie on April 04, 2011, 12:31:52 PM

see tank theres at least two of us, and before tank say`s anything zwilnik it was 1983 a.d. and not b.c. that you fired one
[/quote]

It was AD and no time machines were involved. I think the Bullpup only started coming to Army units just after that.

ToothFairy

Quote from: Lawrence on April 04, 2011, 10:25:12 AM
Many, many years ago I started off with an Olympus OM10 with a manual adapter, I had 4 or 5 lenses (inc a 500mm mirror), flash guns, light meters, various tripods, extension rings and filters, my bag weighed a ton  :(

I used to do my own B&W developing and printing and did a few commission pieces, glamour stuff, sports, still life.  My battle was always trying to get the lighting effects I wanted, but the best part of it for me was in the darkroom, dodging & burning, that is where my work came alive, such a wonderfully tactile experience.

Following years of back problems though all that stuff had to go, I have recently bought a little 12Mp Samsung with lots of good manual functions on it, it's smaller than a packet of cigarettes, and the macro is really terrific, I used it for the through the window & room shots in the Sawanoya Ryokan thread.

Sorry about the long quote, but O Boy can I identify with this! I still have a couple of first-rate Canon SLRs, with beautiful FD lenses, not to mention a whole heap of darkroom gear - all basically useless now . . . so I've "upgraded" to an EOS 400D. Almost as good, and the savings on film, processing, and chemicals are phenomenal!

- Michael

jonclox

I went from a bassic(?) Brownie box camera of the 1950s, through the 35mm snappers, up to 35 mm SLR on my 21st birthday and the required suitcase of spare lenses/trypods/flashes etc. untill I could carry no more so dropped right down to 110 pocket camera in about 1976.
In the end I moved up through the point and shot digi`s till a couple of years ago when I bought a Fujifilm Finepix S1000.
I think that will have to see me throught till wooden box time with its simple options and  point and shoot facilities.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Lawrence

I agree with you to a certain point Michael, and in this modern day of technology there is so much more you can do with a photo, however, sometimes, just sometimes there is something about a hand produced print  ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations