What did you buy at tings?

Started by bluedepot, September 10, 2018, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I only got the two new Medway Queen wagons and the ltd edition twin pack wagons from Osborns plus my most expensive item a nice shiny Class 52 Western which will become Western Champion IF I can get the name plate believe it or not allthough we have some western nameplates on the stand we havnt got that one and not much chance of restocking it either.
The only way I could afford the Western was by selling four Minitrix full brakes and a set of street lights .The other money was from previous sales ,I have to thin down my collection of locos that don't get used often to finance stuff that will be used on a regular basis.
Bob Tidbury

Paul-H

I didn't get much, having just ordered 4 sound decoders I was a bit skint

So got a Dapol Pannier, listed as having a wobble but was fine, some Xuron photoetch cutters, and a few Metcalf retaining wall kits, plus a bit of overpriced circuit board, as they were the only stand with any, plus some back issues on N-Gauge Now. Must have been something else but can't for the life of me remember, I know I bought 4 items from Gaugemaster but can only remember the Xuron cutters mentioned above.

(Edit) Just remembered one more, a Photoetch Greenhouse from Severn Models, I knew I bought the Xuron shears for a reason ;)

My memory is shot these days

Paul

Still had a good day today and put sound in my Midland Pullman, Merchant Navy Class and replaced the blown one in my 08 and all worked without a hitch.

Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Roy L S

Farish Ivatt 2MT from Cheltenham, the late crest one 46443, a couple of decoders, a few kits and Code 40 roller gauges. The Ivatt has taken a few hours to run in properly but is now running quite sweetly.

Stevie DC

I got a couple of etched GNR brake van kits and was gifted a pair of fish van kits (actually we're splitting those once I've opened the packet) and some roller gauges by a very kind and thoughtful fellow forum member.  :D  :thankyousign:

Rabbitaway

From the Dapol stand 

38xx in BR Black - £60
A4 BR Woodcock - £80 - having to return to Dapol for a replacement as the valve gear fell apart within covering ten circuits of my layout   
:unimpressed:

Severn Models

Really nice looking etched brass kits of a signal box and its interior and some green houses, these should turn out well if I can get them right, first time I have tried etched brass buildings
:thumbsup:

RailGooner

Cough, cough. :hmmm: The various 'Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase' threads have been a bit quiet lately. :D

:photospleasesign: :jealous: :thankyousign:

@bluedepot
@jamespetts
@ntpntpntp
@ajc
@koyli55002
@GrahamB
@BlythPower
@njee20
@Bob Tidbury
@Paul-H
@Roy L S
@Atso
@Rabbitaway

Stevie DC

Quote from: RailGooner on September 11, 2018, 12:22:56 AM
Cough, cough. :hmmm: The various 'Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase' threads have been a bit quiet lately. :D

:photospleasesign: :jealous: :thankyousign:

@bluedepot
@jamespetts
@ntpntpntp
@ajc
@koyli55002
@GrahamB
@BlythPower
@njee20
@Bob Tidbury
@Paul-H
@Roy L S
@Atso
@Rabbitaway

Sorry Railgooner, I've now been suitably shamed and made a contribution!  :-[

RailGooner

:thankyousign:
You know we all get just the same joy and giddy excitement from another's purchases as we do from our own. :D

njee20

koyli55002

Suitably chastened, but in my defence will not be back home for another week to get proper piccies done .......

Tonye

I bought a Dapol Grange in GWR livery £70, A Farish Deltic in BR blue weathered by TMC £136. A storage box in bright green and two kits from Osborns. I wanted that split head code peak from Mercig !. Tony..
Tony .H

BlythPower

:-[ Should be able to set up the 'studio' today or tomorrow...  :camera:

RailGooner

Newportnobby

More to the point, congrats to all purchasers on getting past the other half unscathed. Well, at least you're still able to type so the injuries can't be that bad :no:

Stevie DC

My modest haul (including the items kindly gifted by another forum member).

At the top of the picture are the Code 40 track gauges, left is a Foxhunter Fish Van body twin pack (to be split with the person who purchased them) and two GNR brake van kits that I purchased myself. The GNR brake van builds up into a lovely model, below is one I made earlier.

Modelling the ex-GNR section of the ECML in the 1930's, these vans are a must as they were still pretty common!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations